Honored Contributor

Re: Reports: Charles Manson in hospital

@ladyroxanne wrote:

will he never ever go away?

Within the next 10 years for sure, probably within the next 5, or if we're lucky, maybe within the year.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

Not much to say on this other than its a shame his victims couldn't live to be 82 (thanks to him & his sycophants).

dee

Honored Contributor

If I can not say anything nice...I will refrain saying how I really feel about him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I'm glad that we have the kind of justice system that  treats people humanely

Why behave just like him?  That makes one ,no different ,than he is. Who would want to sink to that level?

Oh, please. This guy was given the death sentence and should have been executed many years ago.   He got to live  --- his victims didn't.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

I well remember the murders, they were horrible. But, my faith teaches me a different way, and  I follow it as best as I can

You might feel very differently if a member of your family was slaughtered.  Helter Skelter.

Honored Contributor

I'm understanding cherry's point of view.  Aren't all of the murderers on death row "bad people"?  

I believe they'll get their due once they pass. It's in God's hands.   

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbone wrote:

Charles Manson didn't kill anyone. But he was certified crazy.

Mmmm, wrong. You may want to read Helter Skelter, written by the late Vincent Bugliosi, the DA who successfully prosecuted him and got the case to the death penalty. I really, really, really wish Manson had lived & committed his crimes in Texas or Florida, where the death penalty still applies to this day.  

dee

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I well remember the murders, they were horrible. But, my faith teaches me a different way, and  I follow it as best as I can

You might feel very differently if a member of your family was slaughtered.  Helter Skelter.

It's what you do with your feeings  that matters. I'm sure I might feel  differently, but that doesn't mean it's ok to act on them. Two wrongs never make a right. You live your way, and I will live mine

Honored Contributor

The State might get lucky. The LA Times reports his illness is "serious." 

The prison system can't say more - confidentiality, HIPAA, etc. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@MaRina wrote:

This evil doesn't deserve health care, think about who pays for it. 

Well, since I'm a resident of California..I do.  I pay for health care for all prisoners in this state, just as residents of other states do for their prisoners.  

Years ago, when I was working in health care, I had prisoners as patients.  I didn't know what their crimes were and it didn't matter.  They got the same care as all of my paitients.