Honored Contributor

This isn't for you to deal with.

Call the police.  Let them handle it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Repo Men-what to do?

[ Edited ]

My story is not the same as the OP but a few years ago a very strange guy bought the house right next door to us.   He was very unfriendly and quite odd.  He never acknowledged us even if we were in the backyard.  

He lived there for about 3 years and one day our other neighbor told us when he returned home from work a few days earlier he saw an ambulance and the county coroner's van parked in this guy's driveway. 

Since this guy never spoke to anyone in our neighborhood no one knew what has happened.   A few weeks later I searched the deaths in our town on the internet.  I saw his name listed along with the fact that he was 80 years old.  The few times I saw him I believed he was younger than that.  

A few months went by and his car still remained in his driveway.  His house was listed by a realtor but it never seemed like anyone showed any interest in it.  

One day we received a phone call from a collection agency looking for this guy because he was late in making car payments.   We told them as far as we knew he had passed away.    I guess they got our name from an internet search of his address.

A few weeks went by and one night  I heard a commotion and there was a towing truck hooking up his car and that was the last we ever heard of him again.

Eventually, someone else bought his house but we never learned how this guy passed away.   I just assumed that he passed away in the house since the coroner was there.  I never heard any word that there was any criminal activity involved in his death.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

as you and another poster said..".karma..".

Love when" karma" shows up to some one  unexpected and bamb...they get hit with karma...lol!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@FlowerBear, since you are no longer getting mail for the former tenant she has likely filed a change of address.  If/when the repo people show up again suggest that they, or the entitiy they represent, send a letter to the former tenant (to your address) with address correction requested (most financial institutions automatically do this).  The post office will then notify them of the new address.

Wow that is perfect.I hope OP reads this.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear @Did you see Marps post...she has a great solution.

Respected Contributor

Re: Repo Men-what to do?

[ Edited ]

@dex   yes, but  thank you for pointing it out to me to be sure ! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

All the replies and suggestions are really appreciated. I did find out where this person works, unless she no longer works there. If the repo shows up again I will give them that info, but you would think they would know and go there looking for her!!

I will also tell them to go the office of our complex and talk to manager. If they hang out again will for sure call the cops. Thank you everyone!

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

All the replies and suggestions are really appreciated. I did find out where this person works, unless she no longer works there. If the repo shows up again I will give them that info, but you would think they would know and go there looking for her!!

I will also tell them to go the office of our complex and talk to manager. If they hang out again will for sure call the cops. Thank you everyone!

I wouldn't give them any information.  The same way you found out where she works, they can also.

I would ignore them and let the police know.  The more contact you have with these people and give them information, they might think  you know her or her whereabouts.   

Respected Contributor

@Bri369   I never thought of that!! But I think you might be right!! They might think I know more than Im telling them!!! Thank you!!