Respected Contributor

Repo Men-what to do?

[ Edited ]

Since moving 4 different REPO men have showed up with a Wrecker.   Looking to repo the car from the Previous tenant!

I dont know a thing about her other than she did not leave a forwarding address with the Manager.

Recently she renewed her license tags using her old, now my, address.

One of the repo men showed up around midnight and stayed in the drive until 8 am and then he came to the door! He said she is using her old address.

Had no idea who it was and wasnt about to go to the truck and ask.

Used to get her mail but not for a few months.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

Since moving 4 different REPO men have showed up with a Wrecker.   Looking to repo the car from the Previous tenant!

I dont know a thing about her other than she did not leave a forwarding address with the Manager.

One of the repo men showed up around midnight and stayed in the drive until 8 am and then he came to the door! He said she is using her old address.

Is there anything to do to keep from them showing up?

wow

QVC Customer Care
Respected Contributor

If someone is sitting in your driveway at midnight you call the cops....end of story.  You have no idea who it is (they didn't come to your door for 8 hours), but you let them sit there?  That's crazy. 

Honored Contributor

I think I would first talk with the landlord, then go to the local police station.  You are being harassed.

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

Is there anything to do to keep from them showing up?

If someone was sitting in a truck in my driveway for more than 15 minutes at night I would call my police dept.  not the 911 but the other number.  

Honored Contributor

@ilovefall wrote:

Not sure why you would come to a QVC forum to ask this question.  Why don't you go/call the repo place and explain the situation and see what they say or go to the leasing office where you live and see if they can help.

true but why should the OP take on the dead beats problems 

Honored Contributor

Re: Repo Men-what to do?

[ Edited ]

The repo people should know where the car is. The newer cars have gps devices. Especially, cars that  have have payments or a lease with.

They can't be sitting in your driveway. They can be on the public street. I would still call the non-emergency police number to have them drive by,

Respected Contributor

Re: Repo Men-what to do?

[ Edited ]

@FlowerBear   If I had to deal with this I would just tell anyone looking for her that she has moved out and that you are now the tenant since whatever date you moved in and that you don't have any information in terms of an address for her.

What an annoyance this must be for you, but since they haven't traced her to a new address yet you are stuck with dealing with the repossession people because the car dealer or loan company wants that automobile back since she probably owes a significant anount of money for it and repo people are relentless in their pursuit.

Honored Contributor

I probably would have called the police.