Esteemed Contributor

Geez, sounds like something you don't want to get drawn in to.  I'd sharpen my observation around the neighborhood and put notice out somewhere that something is amiss.. Cops, landlord, neighbors, the "repo" men.  I think I'd look those guys flat in the eye and tell'em to SCRAM.  One warning if you are that generous, then you call the cops.

Bad seeds sprout unexpectedly - be prepared.  I don't doubt you are, but be careful.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

If the guy is in your driveway in the middle of the night for hours, I would call the police. They can question him and determine that the person he is looking for doesn’t live there anymore. Don’t let him, or any other repo person, stay outside in your driveway all night! They may not even be legit. I don’t know how your apartment or house is set up, but your driveway may also be considered your property, and he may be trespassing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Repo Men-what to do?

[ Edited ]

Put traffic cones out to block the driveway.

Honored Contributor

The next time the repo guy shows up, I would go out and talk with him.  Ask who hired them to get the car.  I'm sure it's finance company or bank.  If you know who that is, you can call and let them know about the address situation.  If he won't give you that information, there's nothing you can do.  They want the car, once they realize that it isn't at hour house....which they think is her house....they'll stop coming. 

Honored Contributor

I would put the least energy possible into thinking about it or investigating.  For me, that would mean calling the police and reporting the incident.  I'm sorry about this situation, unfortunately it does require taking action if they are persistent....you might want to report it so you don't have to continue thinking about it.  

Honored Contributor

I was having, few yrs. back,  trouble with a deadbeat gal , supposedly with the same phone number. Was getting dun calls from banks holding credit cards with this woman.

told them that's not me, blah, blah.

Finally, called the phone company and paid for new phone #. One time charge. Also, got Call Blocker. call pops up don't know or recognize the phone number I hit the RED button and they're blocked from calling back

Esteemed Contributor

If they are sitting in your driveway that is trespassing and against the law. If they are on the street, unless a cop tells them to move or there are no parking signs not much you can do.

Either call your property management company or the police if they make a return visit. Usually, these people get tunnel vision looking for the item. I'm sure they are lied to all the time as well. 

Respected Contributor

The one that stayed all night in the driveway was from out of town. He said its against the law for them to knock on anyones door after 9 pm so guess he decided since it was after midnight to wait until after 8 am  Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ilovefall   Why not?? People here post about anything!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The landlord has no fw address for the person! This person has alot of money troubles.

I have no idea the name of the Repo companies. No name on the wrecker. I didnt ask.

I feel they think I  am lying and that she still is at this address.