Honored Contributor

Re: Repetitive Susan Graver Music

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Kristi in VA wrote:

I've watched the SG shows for years, and in the last couple years or so they started using that theme music, which would be OK if it were played just at the beginning and end of the entire show, but it's between ever product OVER and OVER and OVER.  I end up muting the TV then forgetting to un-mute.  Seriously, the music is TOO REPETITIVE.

New lyrics:

Bum-bum-bum

bum-bum-bum

I can't stand it

please, I've really had enough

You-ooh-ooh've got me MUTING the sound

@Kristi in VA    IK, right?! LOL

Would you believe me if I told you that I posted to Susan Graver on her FB page asking her to PLEASE find another theme tune for her shows because I was having to put the tv on mute because I was so sick of listening to it...it was time for a change. 

Well, she never replied, but on her VERY next show she told PJD that she just LOVES her upbeat 'happy' music a few times during that show and PJD totally agreed with her that she enjoys it a lot too.

Well, that told me two things...

She read my post and it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Constructive criticism she puts on 'ignore'.

The previous theme tune she had for her shows never became annoying to me, but this 'keep spinning around' tune makes my head hurt...oy.

@Susan Louise 

I think SG actually takes delight in all the criticism she gets....like her nonstop chattering....and her repetitive music......But the viewers get the last laugh because she's also losing sales when viewers are annoyed and turn the channel....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think Susan really knows her stuff in the garment field. She can go into detail about construction. I even have two or three of her items. However, I can't really watch much of her shows because that constant talking even when the host is trying to give info, just drives me crazy. I think it's wonderful that she loves her styles and is proud of them, but just shuddup for a nano second.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

And the same holds true for ALL programs with excessive music, and worst then excessive is the annoying loudness of the never-ending music....truly obnoxious, distracting and drowns out any kind of discussion!  Especially distracting when host is doing a recipe (Stacey's cooking show), describing and/or giving instructions.  I do not know what the host/vendor hear, I only know what I hear and it is truly obnoxious!

Respected Contributor

I had on the SG show while I was getting ready to start dinner this evening with Sandra as the host & everyone, including all of the models were all talking at the same time all over each other.  I couldn't understand any of them & was getting a headache, so I turned it off!

New Contributor

I think QVC plays the music to que the host to go on to the next item. Susan Graver talks so much and dominates the presentations it is hard for the host to get her to stop so that other clothing can be shown before the show is over. 

Esteemed Contributor

O/P Just do not watch if she bothers you that much. Shop online if you like her clothing items.

Esteemed Contributor

I am an online shopper who does not really watch QVC or HSN anymore.  Yes, I will tune in if I see that there is something I might be interested in. Physical stores these days are short on help so product info is much easier to get online or on shopping channels.

So many new hosts, I don't recognize any of them.  And the ones I do see seem to be promoting themselves..  To me it is the product not the personal life of those selling it.  They seem very silly and over the top.

As for Susan Graver, I love her clothes.  I just don't like the antics.  I am sure she is a very nice person and she and I would get along splendidly.  I too interrupt people and talk over them at times or most of the times LOL.  She would make a great friend.  But on air I do think she needs to tone it down.