Esteemed Contributor

Re: 😠 Renewing Drivers License - N.J. 😠

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @Mz iMac ... I also live in NJ.  I have to renew my DL next month.  Not looking forward to the ordeal.   The lines and the wait times drive me insane.  But so far I have never had any issues with the 6 point documents I have provided.  I  try to go to Lodi or Wayne  even though they are further from me than the ones in my own county because their lines don't seem to be as bad.  Where did you go??

In my experience - at least in the past - Wayne is always busy.  Have you tried Randolph?  It's smaller, and very well run.

Hi @NYC Susan ........  Wayne is a bit closer to me than Randolph ... but I may just give Randolph a try.  Thanks for the info.  

You're welcome.  Depending on where you live, you may find that it's worth the trip.  Or not.  Hopefully, it will work out for you.

Respected Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @Mz iMac ... I also live in NJ.  I have to renew my DL next month.  Not looking forward to the ordeal.   The lines and the wait times drive me insane.  But so far I have never had any issues with the 6 point documents I have provided.  I  try to go to Lodi or Wayne  even though they are further from me than the ones in my own county because their lines don't seem to be as bad.  Where did you go??

In my experience - at least in the past - Wayne is always busy.  Have you tried Randolph?  It's smaller, and very well run.

Hi @NYC Susan ........  Wayne is a bit closer to me than Randolph ... but I may just give Randolph a try.  Thanks for the info.  

You're welcome.  Depending on where you live, you may find that it's worth the trip.  Or not.  Hopefully, it will work out for you.

Have you tried Morristown ? It maybe closer to you then Randolph.

Respected Contributor

I haven't lived in NJ for 17 years but I do recall going to the DMV (even back then) an all day affair usually requiring taking a day off work.  I've lived in California and now Georgia, and had to get my license and register cars in both.  California DMV, believe or not, is actually the easiest for license (except you have to retake test - UGH).  BUT, in California you can actually schedule an appointment so you don't have to wait in those long lines.  No big deal when it comes to taking picture or providing documentation.  Georgia, on the other hand, was so different.  Had to provide prove of new address with supporting documentation like bank statements, social security card, if you're marriage:your marriage license. When taking your pic, no glasses, hair behind your ears and no bangs.  YIKES!  I've had bang for 30 plus years.  So, of course, my pic came out horrible. 

Respected Contributor

@scraphappy wrote:

I haven't lived in NJ for 17 years but I do recall going to the DMV (even back then) an all day affair usually requiring taking a day off work.  I've lived in California and now Georgia, and had to get my license and register cars in both.  California DMV, believe or not, is actually the easiest for license (except you have to retake test - UGH).  BUT, in California you can actually schedule an appointment so you don't have to wait in those long lines.  No big deal when it comes to taking picture or providing documentation.  Georgia, on the other hand, was so different.  Had to provide prove of new address with supporting documentation like bank statements, social security card, if you're marriage:your marriage license. When taking your pic, no glasses, hair behind your ears and no bangs.  YIKES!  I've had bang for 30 plus years.  So, of course, my pic came out horrible. 

Yes ScapHappy what you do in Georgia is what we do in NJ since 9/11. NJ not NY was the first to issue the point system with all the docs needed plus the ones that add up add'l points.

Valued Contributor

There are several states that give out DL's or driving permits to illegal aliens, 12 states and DC.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

I believe the only one in Morris County is in Randolph.  I'm pretty sure there isn't one in Morristown.  

Respected Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

I believe the only one in Morris County is in Randolph.  I'm pretty sure there isn't one in Morristown.  

Well I am pretty sure I grew up in Morris Cnty and have gone to the DMV in Morristown on speedwell ave. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYC Susan wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Well I am pretty sure I grew up in Morris Cnty and have gone to the DMV in Morristown on speedwell ave. 

I just did a google search.  The Morristown DMV merged with Randolph in 2010.  There is only one DMV in Morris County now, and it's on Canfield Road in Randolph.  There is no longer a DMV in Morristown, and there hasn't been one there for the past 7 years.

Respected Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

I just did a google search.  The Morristown DMV merged with Randolph in 2010.  There is only one DMV in Morris County now, and it's on Canfield Road in Randolph.  There is no longer a DMV in Morristown, and there hasn't been one there for the past 7 years.

Ok so I was there probably in 2009 not like I hang out at the DMV to know its not there anymore. It was the last time I was there.  But I would not go to the one down in wayne yuk.

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Ok so I was there probably in 2009 not like I hang out at the DMV to know its not there anymore. It was the last time I was there.  But I would not go to the one down in wayne yuk.

Of course you don't hang out at the DMV.  I just think it's best to provide accurate information when we're trying to be helpful to other posters.

I agree about Wayne.  I would avoid the DMV there if at all possible.