Esteemed Contributor
EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!! So frustrating but we do it. We've been customers since 2009. They used to offer lifetime for about $600, but no longer do.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I used to hate  that just for my vehicle which since retired do not drive much but now only for the higher  price the ability to have it on all your devices which now is worth it to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack : I have called as soon as I spot a deal (today I called as my current deal is up on Sept 17 th; 1st CS rep said "call back after contract is up"; didn't listen, just called back on their cancellation phone #. I really laid it on-- senior citizen etc, even said DH was laid off-- he wasnt).  I always make the date my current agreement is up and do it before then!

Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick :  One of my cars has a lifetime on it ( bought the lifetime in 2005 for $300).

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

Have you all ever called to cancel and they just say "okay"?  I've never called but really hate to pay such a high price for this.  I just got my notice and think I will try to get it reduced this time.  When do you call?  Just right before it's due?

I would otherwise they

will keep billing you

Honored Contributor

@Tuffcookie wrote:

They will not let you cancel!  I decided I did not want Sirius anymore, no matter what kind of an offer they gave me. I reported their shady practices to the Ohio Attorney General's office.  I was finally able to cancel my subscription with them after that!

@Tuffcookie  This is why I always have paid by check and not given them my credit card. 

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@MamaWick :  One of my cars has a lifetime on it ( bought the lifetime in 2005 for $300).

My car came w/free SirusXM for life too.  I could not figure out how to activate after reading the instructions back & forth w/a fine tooth comb.  The section for me to enter a code never came up.  When I took my car in for it's first check-up I mentioned that fact.  The mechanic set me up in 2 seconds. hidemf3.gif  Then he told me as well wrote out the instructions on what to do to add it to my 2 DOTs.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Frequent Contributor

You have inspired me!  I just received my renewal notice and will try calling them!

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

Have you all ever called to cancel and they just say "okay"?  I've never called but really hate to pay such a high price for this.  I just got my notice and think I will try to get it reduced this time.  When do you call?  Just right before it's due?

Yes!  Did this about a month ago.  I was playing the "lower my rate" game every six months and was tired of it.  I also wasn't driving much and using my automobile satellite service. I told them this.   At first they insisted I could use the service in my home as well.  I said I wouldn't do that and to just cancel it.  They did. I don't miss it.  

for the few times I am in my car, I found an fm station that's very similar to the one I listened to via satellite 

Respected Contributor

@Tuffcookie wrote:

They will not let you cancel!  I decided I did not want Sirius anymore, no matter what kind of an offer they gave me. I reported their shady practices to the Ohio Attorney General's office.  I was finally able to cancel my subscription with them after that!

My former boss had to do the same thing and file a complaint with our state attorney general’s office since they kept charging him after he had called to cancel several times. Sirius finally cancelled it after that.