Honored Contributor

Re: Reminder - get out and enjoy winter!

I'm not  a woods person, regardless of the weather.  Just not my thing.  But I do agree with your sentiment.  It's funny, I actually had a similar conversation with my doctor, we were talking about exersize.  I said that I wouldn't be able to walk as much soon because of the cold and and snow and stuff.  I do beach walks and walks around my neighborhood and town.  But when it get's cold.  He said if I want to maintain my weight loss this time and lose more; I had to start walking all year long and that once I started, I'd soon appreciate the weather, sights and sounds of winter.  I just had to find the right footwear and dress appropriately and develop a new mind set.  That was over week ago but this morning, I did take a morning walk.  By myself, early as soon as the sun was up.  I walked around our cond complex which is in a lovely park like or country type setting.  It was cold, in the 20's.  I dressed warm but not bulky.  I won't lie, I did not love it.  But I did not hate it, it was actiually quite nice and peaceful and since I was walking, I didn't feel cold.  And there were a couple of people out walking their dogs, so I wasn't out there alone.  It was a stare.  A good start.  I have to break old, unhealthy habits.  I have done it with food.  Now I have to get over my excuses for not moving my body when winter comes.  Tomorrow, I plan to drive down to the beach and do a morning walk.

Honored Contributor

Well said. We (dog and I) have been out on 2 walks already this morning. He likes the cold weather and doesn't seem to matter to him how cold or windy it might be outside. He likes being outside and so I am out there with him - every few hours.

Honored Contributor

I really don't mind the winter. If the wind would just stop blowing so hard I might go outside and take the dog for a long walk. I simply can't take the windchill temperatures of 10' and 15'.

Esteemed Contributor

My DH has been hoping that he can use his snow blower before going south.  He hasn't used it for 2 years because we usually leave in October.  Not so this year.......Today his wish came true!!!

20161211_091930.jpeg

And it is still coming down!  If it is going to be winter, let there be snow!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Back from my 10.25 mile run.  I thought of this post and enjoyed all the scents, fire places burning, pine trees and enjoyed the sights, leaves onthe gound and the stream that I see on part of my trial run.  Thanks again for reminding me not to forget to take it all in.

Deb

Esteemed Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

Back from my 10.25 mile run.  I thought of this post and enjoyed all the scents, fire places burning, pine trees and enjoyed the sights, leaves onthe gound and the stream that I see on part of my trial run.  Thanks again for reminding me not to forget to take it all in.

Deb

10 miles!!! You're a beast,I'm entirely jealous!  Walking 3 miles is my big deal.  You go girl💪

Trees are the lungs of the Earth