Respected Contributor

Re: Reminder for those with HBO

On 3/30/2015 Yammy25 said:

I would not fill the brain the good Lord gave me with that filth. Satan will appreciate you watching, however.

Nice. Cults do that, make little threatening sounds about receiving outside knowledge. It's what helps keep the rank and file in line.

Respected Contributor

On 3/30/2015 Free2be said:

I would not fill the brain the good Lord gave me with that filth. Satan will appreciate you watching, however.

Nice. Cults do that, make little threatening sounds about receiving outside knowledge. It's what helps keep the rank and file in line.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Free!

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2015 mstyrion 1 said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Free!

Standing ovation, Free!!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

Huh??

Are you suggesting folks should NOT watch a program like this so they can become more informed on a subject?

How does one learn about cults and other devious things without gaining knowledge?

Respected Contributor

Well said, Free.

Super Contributor

WTHeck? Sorry, I'm usually a bit more eloquent - but this was the first response that came to me. (Actually, Webbie won't let me type my first response, lol!)

Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2015 madzonie said:

Huh??

Are you suggesting folks should NOT watch a program like this so they can become more informed on a subject?

How does one learn about cults and other devious things without gaining knowledge?

Actually, that poster said it without even knowing what s/he was saying - In cults, such as the one to which that poster belongs or Scientology, et al to infinity, they don't want people to learn about how they rope people in. They want to keep people ignorant and clueless because that makes them more vulnerable to their 'teachings'. Fear, such as what the poster said, is one of the biggest weapons used.

I think there will always be cults out there. A cult tells people what to believe, how to think, and what to say. It teaches them to use their 'religion' as a weapon of fear and insult against others because it WILL succeed in bringing in the most vulnerable and gullible. What scares THEM is that some are not gullible or vulnerable and will never become a follower. I also think they are afraid of the truth for a couple of reasons, one being that it will destroy all the garbage they are told to believe and they don't want that because they THINK that they are gaining strength from their beliefs. To find out differently is something for which they are just not prepared due to all the brainwashing.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/30/2015 chickenbutt said:
On 3/30/2015 madzonie said:

Huh??

Actually, that poster said it without even knowing what s/he was saying - In cults, such as the one to which that poster belongs or Scientology, et al to infinity, they don't want people to learn about how they rope people in. They want to keep people ignorant and clueless because that makes them more vulnerable to their 'teachings'. Fear, such as what the poster said, is one of the biggest weapons used.

I think there will always be cults out there. A cult tells people what to believe, how to think, and what to say. It teaches them to use their 'religion' as a weapon of fear and insult against others because it WILL succeed in bringing in the most vulnerable and gullible. What scares THEM is that some are not gullible or vulnerable and will never become a follower. I also think they are afraid of the truth for a couple of reasons, one being that it will destroy all the garbage they are told to believe and they don't want that because they THINK that they are gaining strength from their beliefs. To find out differently is something for which they are just not prepared due to all the brainwashing.

WELL STATED!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

On 3/29/2015 ds said:

Just finished watching. I knew it is a cult but never knew it is a very dangerous one especially if you want to leave the cult.

It was well done with many ex-scientology members being interviewed. They were top members of this cult.

They spoke about Tom Cruise and John Travolta and how they broke up Tom Cruise marriage to Nicole Kidman. They also turned their adopted kids against Nicole. This must be the reason they do not see their mother because the cult will not let them see her.

I remember an interview with Cruise once (before we knew about the Scientology thing) where he was asked what happened to the marriage. His response was ""Nic knows what she did."" I despise that man.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

What is scary about Scientology is they have the means and the will to ruin anyone they wish to ruin, not just members who fall into the crosshairs but people who hold positions of power in government, banking, and in many countries.

Even if they had to quit milking remaining members of every last cent they have, their property and investment income must be enormous enough to maintain power.