Re: Reminder for those with HBO

Greta Van Susteren is a Scientologist.Smiley Sad

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

Greta ????????????

Trusted Contributor

Greta van Susteren is a Scientologist??!! I looked it up, and this seems to be true. That is of concern to me. I have considered her a very astute reporter and commentator......but if she is foolish enough to be subject to this Scientology claptrap, I have to take a step back!

Honored Contributor

I don't think I could handle watching something like this as I get freaked out too easily. Is this a religion? Do they believe in God, or is this just a cult?

Many in Hollywood are part of it. I think Priscilla Presley is a member and probably Lisa, too.

Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2015 Lucky charm said:

I don't think I could handle watching something like this as I get freaked out too easily. Is this a religion? Do they believe in God, or is this just a cult?

Many in Hollywood are part of it. I think Priscilla Presley is a member and probably Lisa, too.

I've read numerous articles stating Lisa Marie Presley has cut her ties to this cult.

Respected Contributor

On 3/30/2015 GoodStuff said:

Greta van Susteren is a Scientologist??!! I looked it up, and this seems to be true. That is of concern to me. I have considered her a very astute reporter and commentator......but if she is foolish enough to be subject to this Scientology claptrap, I have to take a step back!

I'd like to hear her side. I wonder why successful people like her are involved.

Respected Contributor

I finished watching this yesterday. I ended up having to break it up into 3-4 viewings. Omg, I think frightening is the best word I could use to describe it. It amazes me that people "buy" (literally) into this. David Miscavige is absolutely scary. If you want the definition of a cult, this is it!!!
Respected Contributor

From a USA Today quote from Lisa Marie Presley on leaving Scientology:

"I was slowly starting to self-destruct, and I didn't know where that was coming from. I started to uncover the main person who was really close to me for years, and then it was a domino effect. I was devastated," she said, adding, "I got bad advice. I was insulated with no grip on reality. They were taking my soul, my money, my everything.”

Valued Contributor

I felt really sad when they talked about how in love Tom Cruise was with Nicole Kidman and why they destroyed that relationship....I literally watched with my jaw agape.I hope they start to look more deeply into this group, especially Child PROTECTIVE services followed closely by the IRS!
Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ