Valued Contributor

Reminder about QVC's "guaranteed delivery" for Christmas

they don't always show up on time!! I get tired of reading all the "QVC ruined my Christmas" threads started by last minute shoppers who put all their faith into those gifts showing up in time for Christmas morning. Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on QVC's nor UPS's part.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Reminder about QVC's ""guaranteed delivery"" for Christmas

I ordered a specially designed gift card from Amazon on December 10th. Guaranteed delivery on the 11th. As of this morning it is still at its starting point in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Sometimes even shopping early doesn't guarantee anything. This was UPS.
Frequent Contributor

Your gift card may show up today! I have had packages show up that supposedly haven't left the facility.
Trusted Contributor

I hope so.Thanks.
Honored Contributor

Yeah- I never order late and assume that it will arrive on time (Lucibee, I have no doubts that Amazon will get the gift card to you).

I ordered an item from Amazon on Friday and it showed prime shipping with only 2 left in stock. I ordered two. They immediately sent me an email saying they needed more time to determine when I'd receive it and that it might be after Christmas. I was fine with that. One of them is for me so I didn't care and the other is for my sister. It's a picture frame and I was fine with giving her the frame after Christmas. I already had the picture wrapped in another frame that I didn't really care for so I was getting this different one. I knew I was cutting it close as they only had two left in stock and with all the orders coming in, they needed to run them all through the system first. I wouldn't have been surprised if I'd gotten a "sorry- sold out" email.

Anyway, they updated my order to "Preparing to ship" early yesterday morning and "shipped" last night. It says it will be here Tuesday.

I was very pleased. I never cut it close on buying (or sending) things that need to be shipped, especially when I was buying the last two in stock, but Amazon pulls through once again. And if they hadn't gotten here on time? That would have been fine also. No biggie.

I also just placed an order from Nordstrom, for NEXT Christmas (can you believe it!!) or if I feel like giving it some time next year and I don't care when it comes but it said that it will be here between the 18th and 23rd- free shipping. I bought the item cause it was on sale.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I ordered something Friday - it's not for Christmas, so I don't care when I get it. It's giving me an EDD of 12/26. I think that's strange because they're guaranteeing Christmas delivery. I usually get my things in less than a week anyway.

I would never take a chance ordering late for Christmas. You never know what could happen with the weather.

Contributor

Thank you for the reminder. Remember too that it is winter and the weather has a lot to do with deliveries. No one can control that so give yourself plenty of time.
Valued Contributor

and so it begins