Honored Contributor

Remembering today the 168 people who lost their lives in the Oklahoma City Bombing on April 19, 1995.  If you would like to see their faces, go to 

https://oklahomacitynationalmemorial.org/people/

God bless us all. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Remembering the OKC Bombing

@Sooner

Thanks for posting.

I remember like yesterday.

I worked with a lady who’s Mom lived in OKC.

Gives us updates on the phones.

And from all this, the pictures & Memorial...stunningly sad.

Trusted Contributor

omg, do I remember it! I was watching the news coverage and there was a firefighter holding a little boy and the poor little guy was going into shock--you could see him start to shake and shiver. I wondered why the firefighter hadn't wrapped the kid in a blanket or something to warm him up.

Years ago I read a book about Timothy McVey and even though I'm against capital punishment in most cases, I'm glad McVey doesn't have any more opportunities to kill more innocent people.

Honored Contributor

Yes I remember so well. I was at work talking to my sister on the phone when it came on TV and she started crying. I went to OKC a few days later as well as the memorial. One of those events that you remember where you were and what you were doing. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Respected Contributor

RIP

Honored Contributor

I visited the memorial when I attended classes at the "FAA Academy" in Oklahoma City.

Very quiet.  Truly tranquil.  The smaller chairs representing the children who were so savagely killed break your heart.

Respected Contributor

I have also visited the memorial site. The children's chairs were the most moving for me along with a wall of art that came from the school.  Another emotional thing was the statue of Jesus (Catholic church) with his back turned to the site.  I can imagine how His heart was torn over that evil event.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

My brother and his family lived in Norman at the time.  I've also been to the memorial site when I visited my brother.  Very moving!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

My gosh, has it really been 23 years? 

Honored Contributor

There is a book called "In Their Name" that is a very moving account of the horror and the courage that defined this event.  The writers really captured the atmosphere that surrounded the bombing and the dedication of the people and dogs that worked to rescue any survivors. 

If you read that, you will always think about it when terrible things happen around the world.