Honored Contributor

Re: Remember the Pool Party at Lake of the Ozarks

Not surprising at all!  They keep showing that one clip of the young man saying something like --- if you don't want to get it, stay home!  If only it were that simple!  Many of us DO stay home but by people acting irresponsibily like all of them, they are still exposing many of us to the virus by their ignorance and selfishness!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

A partygoer who attended the now-infamous Lake of the Ozarks pool party has tested positive for COVID-19, meaning hundreds could have been exposed.

IS ANYONE SURPRISED BY THIS?

IM SURE NOT! 

Not surprised.  Karma?

The person who tested positive is from my state.  He/she and all those people took the virus home to friends and family, some of whom may not survive if they get it.

Valued Contributor

Too bad people like this can’t be arrested for infecting others intentionally!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a friend who has felt all along that the restrictions are some type of conspiracy to destroy our way of life and alter the course of our society. So she and her husband have continued to dine in restaurants up until the first day of lockdown and now that things have opened up they dine out several times a week. Last night she texted me that she was at a restaurant that was packed -- no one wearing masks, no social distancing, a live band, and it was "good to see Americans living life and not living in fear." Then she asked me when we were going to get together for lunch, and I said "we're not - I don't feel comfortable."  I'm sure she wanted to throw her red baseball cap at me if we had been in the same room. Her actions put others at risk and she's taking care of her 98 year old mother! I was so disappointed...