Honored Contributor

Remember the Lyon Sisters?

[ Edited ]

I find this hard to believe, but they may be a resolution on this crime after so long.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/15/us/maryland-missing-sisters/index.html

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Remember the Lyon Sisters?

I live in Maryland and this was always in and out of our local news.  I saw something this morning in our Channel 4, but didn't follow up.  Will read the story you linked -- I cannot imagine the heartbreak of the parents then and now.  It was always horrifying to think they could just disappear without a trace -- so sad.

So, when I heard about those folks that thought having "free range" children was a fine thing, I always thought about the Lyon sisters.

Honored Contributor

I vaguely remember this case,  off/ on something would be in the news and you would have your memory jarred.  well looks like things are heating up again. 

the man who is chief suspect is in the delaware prison system and has been for some time. 

sure hope they find the little girls and can lay them to rest with proper burial.

and clean up that family that has been hiding this secret for many years.  to think a family would hide a terrible secret this long is unthinkable, but this world is made up of all kinds of people, both good and bad. 

hope the law goes after each family member

i also think one or both of the girls are reaching out beyond the grave to get closure for thier family.

Esteemed Contributor

Remember the Lyon Sisters?

No. Why would I know them. 

Thank you in advance.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

I vaguely remember this case,  off/ on something would be in the news and you would have your memory jarred.  well looks like things are heating up again. 

the man who is chief suspect is in the delaware prison system and has been for some time. 

sure hope they find the little girls and can lay them to rest with proper burial.

and clean up that family that has been hiding this secret for many years.  to think a family would hide a terrible secret this long is unthinkable, but this world is made up of all kinds of people, both good and bad. 

hope the law goes after each family member

i also think one or both of the girls are reaching out beyond the grave to get closure for thier family.

This happened before I was born.  My parents were aware of it.  I went to high school in Maryland.  They told me about it.  Just about everyone in the Maryland, DC & Northern VA area knew about it.  The strange thing about this is that a few people witnessed it.  Even the part of the guy putting the girls bound & gagged in a van. Just too afraid to say anything about it.  The police made a comment about this.  All along they felt more people knew about this but said nothing.  As a result, the case grew cold.  In a way, the people that knew about it and said nothing are guilty of hindering an investigation.  I hope that report is not true.

Honored Contributor

Wow this is very old case, it would be great if LE could close it imo.