Honored Contributor

Re: Remember that employee award

@Laura14 wrote:

@BirkiLady  I am also doing a part time AP gig for my brother in law's company so I've got bosses everywhere!  

Do you or those who love you ever worry that so much time spent working without some downtime might negatively affect your emotional and mental well-being?  Earning money is an admirable pursuit, but you deserve a social life out of the office and away from the keyboard.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14  Holy Cow! Pays for your new decor in your apartment. Nice job, Laura. Never believed in debt. Proud of you. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Skididdy and @2blonde  Thanks!  I have no idea how they picked me since they don't know where I work or what I do and the few interactions I have had with the brass have not gone well since I call spades what they are and have no problem ruffling feathers on behalf of my people but it's a nice honor for my GM which I am very happy for.   That girl works her butt off too! 

Is this the same inconsiderate GM who irritated you yesterday by bringing in her 28-lb dog in a sweater and locking him in the office all day and about whom you've complained other times?  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter  That is such a great thought. Heart  

At the risk of being vulnerable around here, I actually have begun in earnest to work on myself and stop taking care of everyone else which I have done since I was a little girl. 

My life is definitely unbalanced but I am working to get it back in line with some personal programs that have really resonated with me.  I'm reaching out more and more.  I'd kind of like that social life.  Smiley Happy  

Funny how I took the steps to change things and be a better me and then I receive this.  Not reading much into it but even though it was kind of done behind the scenes without any seemingly real thought put into it, it was better to hear than I thought it would be.   

Took these owners 4 years to notice me.  Either that or everyone else already had their pic in the  magazine.  Smiley Very Happy      

Honored Contributor

@Venezia  We all have a bad day.  Yesterday was definitely one of hers.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Venezia  We all have a bad day.  Yesterday was definitely one of hers.  

@Laura14- Seems she's had more than one from things you've said.  And I don't think the "bad day" was hers; I think it was yours.

Honored Contributor

Strong thoughts from someone who wasn't actually here @Venezia.  I hope you'll find someone else who can make you smile.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I'm off from work again tomorrow, can't wait for the next installment. Woman Wink

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple  I'll do my best to oblige you.  Smiley Wink