Respected Contributor

Remember my post about my niece pregnant with covid ?

[ Edited ]

She was 8 mos pregnant, tested positive but recovered with no serious problems and tested neg a few weeks later. Well she was due 4/28. Her birthday was 4/6, her sister took her out to breakfast and then  to her scheduled OB appt. Her OB examined her and told her she had to go straight to the Hospital  to have a C-section. She asked if she could come back the next day he said no.(first time mom )  Well she had a 4# 5 oz girl, baby and mom are fine  and my great niece and her baby have the same birthday!  Happy ending. The only thing that would have made it happier is if my mom could have been here to see her great great grandaughter. My .great niece was one of my mom's favorite's they were very close and when my mom died last April 28th of covid my great niece took it very hard. My mom is probably looking down with a big smile on her face, baby's middle name is my mom's first nameWoman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Remember my post about my niece pregnant with covid ?

How lovely to hear such a happy ending. Congrats to your niece, and all of the family, for this new addition.

Your mom will always be there, with the baby carrying your mom's name, as her middle name. How sweet is that.  

Esteemed Contributor

So happy for everyone and a darling little girl who will carry your mom's first name as her middle name. They will always be together. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Very glad to hear everything turned out so well for you and your family. Congrats to the new mom and dad.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to the new mom and dad
Glad everything worked out well
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

baby girl.jpg

Trusted Contributor

How lovely to hear good news ~ Wishing many blessings to new baby and the entire family Heart

Thanks for sharing  ~ this story makes my heart smile : )

Esteemed Contributor

Congrats! But why the rush to the hospital?Am I missing something?
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips  wrote: Congrats! But why the rush to the hospital?Am I missing something? 

The doctor had been concerned that the baby was not gaining weight so they had been watching her closely for the last few months. I guess they wanted to make sure she was ok and since she was near full term they decided  to deliver a little early. As I noted she was only 4#5 oz but she is doing good and looks exactly like her mom !  Thanks for your question

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes , I was so afraid to open this Thread. I tried a few times but couldn't. but finally got the courage to do so. Fantastic news.

So happy for the mom, baby and family.  Oh Happy Day!!!