Respected Contributor

Re: Remember The Strange Case Of The Abducted Jogger? The Plot Thickens.....

you're all heart @Puzzle Piece

Respected Contributor

this case is just too awful.  i do believe her and hope that i'm right.  i can't imagine her doing those things to herself including the branding.

i wish her well because if she didn't have psycological problems before, she probably has them now. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

this case is just too awful.  i do believe her and hope that i'm right.  i can't imagine her doing those things to herself including the branding.

i wish her well because if she didn't have psycological problems before, she probably has them now. 

This is how I feel too. If it is true she definitely will need help to get over this if that is even possible. If it isn't true, chances are she needs help as well.  I hate to say I HOPE this story is true because it is so horrific. Either way I hope she finds peace. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

May God forgive me if I am wong - blaming the victim is a terrible and ugly thing.  Yet my gut tells me that her story is a total lie.

Honored Contributor

'All in all', not a good idea to go around jogging/waking all alone, in rural areas.  Better to go to places/areas where there are plenty of people around and also no cars allowed.  Just in case.  Slightly crowded walking trails, etc.  Not blaming the victim, but it's a good idea, imo.  I'm always nicely warning tweens/teens (Don't worry: the ones I know, that is). Maybe it will eventually 'sink in'.  ............ Well, whatever the situation, wishing this mom well.  Not a good experience, regardless of what and why, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Melania wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I debated about posting this and decided against it. I don't think her kidnapping was a hoax , and people will try to make a connection between the two events

She has had a very troubled past, but she certainly didn't do everything  to herself ,that happened to her ,breaking her nose, branding her, beating,starving, being dumped 150 miles from her home

I think she is more to be pitied than scorned

Cherry, you are right. The snide implication was not missed.

That woman went through heck. I will wait for the facts as they come.

I am sorry @Melania but can you please point out what @Pearlee wrote in her original post that was snide? Perhaps she has edited her post and it is no longer there but I am not seeing anything snide in this post at all.

I have read and watched this case from the beginning. This morning they had several legal experts on talking about this new information about what she did to her mom. They all agreed that a kid who steals money from her parents or vandalizes their home has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on this case. A person doesn't need to have been a priest or nun to be believed and they can have previous behavior that might be considered not the norm and it doesn't matter but the police will be very interested in finding out that the victim has a history of causing damage to themselves and then blaming another person who isn't responsible. They then know they are at least capable of that. 

Police haven't issued any warnings to be on the look out for those she described who kidnapped her. They haven't found ANY evidence at all to support her story. I think that coupled with the fact that she does have a past of making up at least one story is significant and I have yet to hear a legal expert or law enforcement who has been interviewed who doesn't think that is significant. I am not saying that this didn't happen to her and hopefully the police will find something that will point to this story being true. 

@Irshgrl31201 Thank you very much for your post.   I did not edit my first post; therefore you read it exactly the way I'd posted it.

Respected Contributor

When I read it, I said that it didn't pass the smell test.  I guess I was just ahead of my time.

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

This was on GMA this am.  It sounded like the authorities are staving off the investigation.....why?  Because the perps were just travelling through when they kidnapped her.....and are no longer a threat to the community? Or there is nothing there...

I saw this on GMA this morning and that wasn't my take on it at all. 

What I heard was that people in the community were worried about this and the fact that the abductors hadn't been caught.  Police said there is no cause for concern within the community.  They don't feel there are random people out there waiting to abduct more.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Melania wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I debated about posting this and decided against it. I don't think her kidnapping was a hoax , and people will try to make a connection between the two events

She has had a very troubled past, but she certainly didn't do everything  to herself ,that happened to her ,breaking her nose, branding her, beating,starving, being dumped 150 miles from her home

I think she is more to be pitied than scorned

Cherry, you are right. The snide implication was not missed.

That woman went through heck. I will wait for the facts as they come.

I am sorry @Melania but can you please point out what @Pearlee wrote in her original post that was snide? Perhaps she has edited her post and it is no longer there but I am not seeing anything snide in this post at all.

I have read and watched this case from the beginning. This morning they had several legal experts on talking about this new information about what she did to her mom. They all agreed that a kid who steals money from her parents or vandalizes their home has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on this case. A person doesn't need to have been a priest or nun to be believed and they can have previous behavior that might be considered not the norm and it doesn't matter but the police will be very interested in finding out that the victim has a history of causing damage to themselves and then blaming another person who isn't responsible. They then know they are at least capable of that. 

Police haven't issued any warnings to be on the look out for those she described who kidnapped her. They haven't found ANY evidence at all to support her story. I think that coupled with the fact that she does have a past of making up at least one story is significant and I have yet to hear a legal expert or law enforcement who has been interviewed who doesn't think that is significant. I am not saying that this didn't happen to her and hopefully the police will find something that will point to this story being true. 

@Irshgrl31201 Thank you very much for your post.   I did not edit my first post; therefore you read it exactly the way I'd posted it.

I didn't think it was edited @Pearlee.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I don't think the police can tell the public who to look out for because they don't have any type of composite sketch or description of these abductors.

OTOH, who is to say her mother isn't the one lying?

I have thought from the get-go that something seemed off with this but then when you hear and read about what happened to her, who would do this to themselves?