Honored Contributor

Re: Remember The Strange Case Of The Abducted Jogger? The Plot Thickens.....

@151949 wrote:

Why can't people just leave this poor woman alone? She has been through hell and deserves to be allowed to heal and get her life back.

@151949  Why? Because the newspaper discovered something relevant to the case, that's why.   It interesting how you have the case all wrapped up, while law enforcement is still investigating it.

Honored Contributor

My mind isn't closed. I simply refuse to draw conclusions  without any proof of wrong doing. Her suffering was great

If she is mentally ill, I feel even sorrier for her

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

There has been something about this case from the very beginning that just didn't make sense.  And they have been hush hush about it since it happened. 

I agree with @hoosieroriginal.  I want to believe her, but there has been something off about the story that makes me doubt it happened the way she says it did. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Why can't people just leave this poor woman alone? She has been through hell and deserves to be allowed to heal and get her life back.

@151949  Why? Because the newspaper discovered something relevant to the case, that's why.   It interesting how you have the case all wrapped up, while law enforcement is still investigating it.

What does people spreading assumptions, exaggerations and lies all over the internet have to do with the police investigating ? 

Honored Contributor

The fact that this information is being released now makes me angry.  It is nothing more than victim shaming. 

The only information out of this that would given me any pause would be the fact that her mom said she used to do things to harm herself.  But that just makes me think that if that is the case, she had/has problems.  It still doesn't make me think she did this to herself.

These allegations are years old.     

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've always thought there was way more to this story than meets the eye. I personally think she got herself into a situation that went completely awry. I just have a feeling.

Regarding mental illness, I've seen people that could change who they were on a dime,  they were completely different people- one in particular was very very violent and stronger than expected for a a petite, thin, small lady. They'd have unbelievable stories of things that happened to them and the scars and bruises to prove it...until we found out otherwise. They weren't lying, per se. 

Honored Contributor

Could it be that she promised her abd*ctors that, if they let her go, she wouldn't describe them or where they took her?  Otherwise, she might have to hide out forever.  Well, it's a possibility, anyway.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

Could it be that she promised her abd*ctors that, if they let her go, she wouldn't describe them or where they took her?  Otherwise, she might have to hide out forever.  Well, it's a possibility, anyway.

If they were as brutal as they appeared or claimed to be, there is no way in heck they'd ever let her go alive. No way. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This case is really strange.

In 2003, she (allegedly) posted something to a white supremacist site under her maiden name about getting suspended for getting into a fight with Latinos who called her dad a Nazi. The letter said Sherri had broken a girl's nose.

She denies writing the letter and says someone did it under her name, which I'm not sure I believe. I read the letter, and it wasn't written from the perspective of someone who wanted to smear her.

Wasn't her nose broken in the attack and didn't she claim two Hispanic women kidnapped her?

Maybe it's all a coincidence, maybe it was payback, or maybe she made it up.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

There has been something about this case from the very beginning that just didn't make sense.  And they have been hush hush about it since it happened. 

I've found that usually when this happens, they certainly know more than they are saying and they often are looking inward rather than outward for answers. If they had more details on the perpetrators, they certainly would be putting it out there for the public to help. Not necessarily details of the beating but the people and locations involved.

I just hope, whatever way this turns, I hope she gets the helps she needs and will need.