Honored Contributor

Re: Remember The Strange Case Of The Abducted Jogger? The Plot Thickens.....

[ Edited ]

That is a strange story.  But we've had cases where women fake a kidnapping.  One with a lover as the "kidnapper"  In one incidence, the poor husband still believed she was kidnapped by strangers, though the woman all but admitted she arranged a kidnapping for attention. Classic kidnapping (a child/and adult for money etc) rarely happen now a days. You see this more in Europe, especially Italy.  For a period of time Kidnapping became "chic" in Italy during the 1970-1980's.  Very wealthy children where snatched and held for ransom.  It became almost a "fashionable" crime.

Honored Contributor

oh my goodness. 

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

oh my goodness. 

@viva923  FYI - I have no idea to what you are referring that is posted on this thread.

?

Honored Contributor

There's history of her doing crazy things to her family,

the family calls the police....but they never

officially charge her w/ anything.

Why?

Honored Contributor

I must admit when this all happened I immediately thought this was a "hot air balloon boy" plot.  Trying to get some sort of reality show out of a tragedy or the boy's case a near tragedy.  The photos  that were published with her and her husband just did not look like your typical family photos but more of a modeling type instead.

The kidnapping may have happened but I still have some doubts.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

There has been something about this case from the very beginning that just didn't make sense.  And they have been hush hush about it since it happened. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thought so from the start.  I remember the first thread on this case and all the posters who just knew a crime was committed and offered support and prayer. 

I stated otherwise as it was all too bizarre to be true.  Someone like her who had mental issues would fabricate a story like the one she did though.  What a waste of Law Enforcement time, tax payer dollars, and community efforts. 

Perhaps jail time and stiff fines will get her to realize not to play games. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Thought so from the start.  I remember the first thread on this case and all the posters who just knew a crime was committed and offered support and prayer. 

I stated otherwise as it was all too bizarre to be true.  Someone like her who had mental issues would fabricate a story like the one she did though.  What a waste of Law Enforcement time, tax payer dollars, and community efforts. 

@Puzzle Piece ITA Fair is Fair I believe part of the what you stated above regarding tax dollars wasted was why hot air balloon Daddy went to jail.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Puzzle Piece  You seem to have a closed mind in your direction, just as cherry does in her direction.   Again, I don't think we yet really know what happened and whether the story was made up or not.  Time will tell though - I do believe the truth will come out which ever way it goes.   

Honored Contributor

Why can't people just leave this poor woman alone? She has been through hell and deserves to be allowed to heal and get her life back.