Esteemed Contributor

Re: Remember Tawny Kitaen from the 80's? She passed at 59.

She was a beauty in her day.

MV5BMTQ0NzM3NDc5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjk2OTEzMjE@._V1_.jpg

More recently

Screenshot_20200427-004115.jpg

Honored Contributor

A couple of my favorite videos by Whitesnake, featuring Tawny:

Whitesnake - Is This Love (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Whitesnake - Here I Go Again '87 (Official Music Video) - YouTube

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Do I remember her?  I wanted to BE her!!  She appeared to have it all.  The look, the body, the rock star boyfriend, a Hollywood career.  If her boyfriend was Robin Crosby in high school and afterwards she was probably involved with serious drug stuff, because he also died too young.

The choices we make when were young can either help us in life or hurt us.  Unfortunately her choices were the wrong ones and too many of them I guess.  It's sad.  She was such a gorgeous young lady back in the day.  Woman Sad

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ah the 80's hair. Perms and hairspray.

I actually had David Coverdale's hair in college. That hair and a sundress on my graduation day. Good times 

RIP Tawny 

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Do I remember her?  I wanted to BE her!!  She appeared to have it all.  The look, the body, the rock star boyfriend, a Hollywood career.  If her boyfriend was Robin Crosby in high school and afterwards she was probably involved with serious drug stuff, because he also died too young.

The choices we make when were young can either help us in life or hurt us.  Unfortunately her choices were the wrong ones and too many of them I guess.  It's sad.  She was such a gorgeous young lady back in the dayWoman Sad

@jellyBEAN - So true! I, too, thought she had it all I used to think her name Tawny fit her so well. She just looked like that should be her name. 

Like you said, she had it all. If she only had been able to stay clean. So sad for her daughters and the rest of her family. 

Respected Contributor

I remember her. What a blast from the past. I remember being so envious of her hair.  She also had a nice look. I dont remember her in much except a couple of movies and the music videos. I couldnt even tell you what the movies were but...she stood out. 59 is young

RIP.  Addictions take so many. 

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@tends2dogs She was an actress.  Her most well-known role was probably in the comedy Bachelor Party with a young Tom Hanks.  She played his fiance.

She was also in a soap opera "Santa Barbara" I use to watch it.  I think she played a lawyerSmiley Happy  She had great hair on the show too.

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  A lot of us wanted to look loke her. Be careful waht you ask for. All that glitters is not gold. Seems like she had such an unhappy life. Always on the wrong side of the law and a slave to drugs. 

Contributor

I read last night that Tawny's father Terry Kataen passed away less than a month ago on April 12. I remember seeing him on TV several times years ago when Tawny was having difficulties and he spoke so lovingly of her. Losing her father must have been more than Tawny could bear. RIP Tawny and father Terry.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

A couple of my favorite videos by Whitesnake, featuring Tawny:

Whitesnake - Is This Love (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Whitesnake - Here I Go Again '87 (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Love those tunes/videos. Makes my heart ache to be back in the 80's again...sigh.