Honored Contributor

Tan Mom Hospitalized in Critical Condition During Battle with Pneumonia

Patricia Krentcil, aka Tan Mom, is currently fighting for her life in the hospital after a bout of pneumonia took a turn for the worse.

Sources directly connected to Tan Mom tell us she is currently on life support in a Florida hospital. We’re told the star has been battling pneumonia, and needed to have fluid drained from her lungs.

We’re told because Tan Mom is a smoker, her lungs were very weak, and doctors were unable to drain all the fluid, and it led to her going into cardiac arrest.

Our source says Tan Mom’s doctors put her into a medically induced coma Friday night and performed an intubation to allow her to breathe. Right now she is critical and has her husband, Richard, by her side.

Adam Barta, Tan Mom’s longtime producer, also confirms the tragic turn of events and is hoping she is able to pull through.

Tan Mom recently relocated to Florida from New Jersey to work on her music career. She has recently seen a surge of success after her hit song “Free To Be Me” debuted on the Howard Stern Show and became an anthem heard by millions of people around the world.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/tan-mom-hospitalized-in-critical-condition-during-battl...

Honored Contributor

4A1DADE3-784D-4318-8FCB-3F71D0960C42.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I sort of do. I can't remember why she was famous, or should I say infamous, but, she was sort of a pariah ,as I recall

The poor lady, may God protect her during this journey in her life. I have a feeling her life has always been more sad ,than happy

Respected Contributor

May God help her through this battle with pneumonia.   Very sad and I hope she has support and has found her happiness.

Here is a picture of her from a couple of years ago. tan-mom-2.jpg 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I hope she recovers.  I have known someone who had to be put in a medically induced coma because of intubation to help her lungs heal. She had lung cancer, and had a surgery.  In order to heal they put her in coma.  

Respected Contributor

You know what's interesting, though, is that her situation is not unique. I know women in my community who are addicted to tanning beds--and yes, it is an addiction for some. They will go sometimes several days a week. I've never been to one as I accept my pale skin & also because I had a close relative die of malignant melanoma. When they tell me they are going to tan (some looking as dark as Tan Mom) I'm thinking  "how dark do you need to be?"   They don't realize that at the very least they will have rough, dried-out leathery wrinkled skin, and at the worst--skin cancer.

Honored Contributor

This just looks unhealthy.  I am a proponent of a reasonable amount of natural sun ...this is off the charts and obsessive...worse than than, so unhealthy.  Sad that she is in the hospital and I hope she recovers.  Perhaps this tragedy will serve as a wake up call.  Wishing her the best.

@SeaMaiden wrote:

4A1DADE3-784D-4318-8FCB-3F71D0960C42.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Poor woman.  This is pitiful.

Respected Contributor

My neighbor could be her twin.  I have pre cancerous spots taken off every year.  I haven’t worshipped the sun since I was in my 20’s. I stopped when my doctor told me I would get wrinkles or cancer.  I don’t know why people do this to their skin. 

Honored Contributor

That’s sad news.