Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: ✨ Remember Richard Simmons? ✨

The enquirer is a rag and always has been. It is those with small minds and mean spirits that read it. It is a shame that Mr Simmons,  who has always been an inspiring and gentle soul, felt he had to go to the extreme of a lawsuit to stop them. Good for him on appealing!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I miss seeing Richard on tv. He was alwasy so upbeat, positive and kind.

He's a rare soul and I don't think he should have to pay that money.

Honored Contributor

@reiki604wrote:

The enquirer is a rag and always has been. It is those with small minds and mean spirits that read it.

Oh well, I guess that means my mind is microscopic & my spirit is meaner than a rattlesnake on steriods.icon_coffee.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMacwrote:

@reiki604wrote:

The enquirer is a rag and always has been. It is those with small minds and mean spirits that read it.

Oh well, I guess that means my mind is microscopic & my spirit is meaner than a rattlesnake on steriods.icon_coffee.gif

@Mz iMac  Recognizing the issue is the first step to recovery.  Just sayin'.Smiley TongueSmiley Very Happy

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

No recovery for me!  At my age, "I'm entitled." whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMacwrote:

@Cakers3

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

No recovery for me!  At my age, "I'm entitled." whistling.gif

@Mz iMac  Darn tootin'!!Smiley LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

I ADORE RICHARD SIMMONS,  HE BROUGHT SUCH SUNSHINE INTO THE LIVES OF PEOPLE THAT HAD ONLY KNOWN DARKNESS FOR MANY YEARS! HE WAS SO FULL OF POSITIVITY & KINDNESS TOWARD EVERYONE, AND ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT NEEDED HIM THE MOST. I SURE MISS WATCHING HIM ON T.V., HE ALWAYS PUT A BIG SMILE ON MY FACE & I FOUND MYSELF CRYING WITH HIM A TIME OR TOO AS WELL, HE HAD SUCH A WAY WITH HIS AUDIENCE. I WISH THIS KIND SOUL THE ABSOLUTE BEST!

Honored Contributor

he is gay so maybe the judge felt that alternative lifestyles are lumped into that category...I am just grasping at straws but there has to be a reason for the different outcomes.Maybe Richard didn’t hire the best lawyer.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ I agree with you.I used to work out with some of his videos.At the time I thought he was kind of different but I really enjoyed his upbeat personality.He seemed to become less and less of a bright light over the years...almost as if his confidence was draining right before everyone’s eyes.Then gradually I saw less and less of him and the rare times he made an appearance he looked just sad.

Respected Contributor

What is this all about about Richard Simmons ?

@Mz iMacwrote:

Richard Simmons was ordered to pay nearly $130,000 to the National Inquirer and Radar Online after the exercise guru sued the two media outlets for running a series of articles alleging he was transitioning to become a woman.

Simmons, 69, was ordered by Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Gregory Keosian Friday to pay the media outlets’ attorneys’ fees and American Media, their publisher, the LA Times reported.

The defendants sought $220,000 in a motion filed in January that Simmons’ lawyers dubbed a “billing fiesta.”

Simmons sued the media outlets in May for a series of articles that alleged the fitness guru was transitioning to become a woman. He alleged that, while he holds no personal ill-feelings toward the transgender community, the articles were false and defamatory to his character. Simmons’ lawyers argued that as a public figure, he has a legal right to “not be portrayed as someone he is not.”

However, Keosian ruled that alleging someone is transgender is not necessarily defamatory. Keosian dismissed Simmons case on Sept. 1, 2017.

The Los Angeles Times reported that Simmons is “appealing the dismissal motion.”

LINK TO ARTICLE