Valued Contributor

Remember Me Thursday to Help Pets in Need

For those of you who click on freekibble dot com every day or are on facebook or twitter, you've probably already seen this. But for those who haven't I thought you'd like to see this. Maybe we could have a Pet Forum candle lighting that night. What do you think?

Remember Me Thursday Offers New Way to Help Pets in Need
By Caroline Golon

There’s a new way for animal lovers to help raise awareness for the plight of homeless pets…..”Remember Me Thursday,” which takes place this Thursday, September 26, 2013.

This special international effort, organized by the Helen Woodward Animal Center, invites people across the globe to light a candle in remembrance of the millions of orphan pets we’ve lost and to shine a light on the millions of pets still waiting for their forever homes - the millions we can still save.

How can you get involved? Check out www.RememberMeThursday.org for details about how you can:

• Light a virtual candle on Thursday
• Organize a candle-lighting ceremony
• Attend a candle-lighting ceremony
• Spread the word about Remember Me Thursday via Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels, using the hashtag #lightforpets

And, just for kibblers, send an email to lightforpets@freekibble.com with a photo and a few sentences about your shelter or rescue pet. Send to us by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. PDT. We’ll randomly choose one person to receive a 10,000 meal donation to the shelter or rescue of their choice!

Thank you for caring about pets!

For more information about Remember Me Thursday, visit www.remembermethursday.org.