Respected Contributor

Remember Mary Kay Letourneau?

Well, the former Washington teacher has now been married to her former student, Vili, for 10 years.

Oh that story creeped me out.

Remember, she was a 34 year old married teacher and had a secksual relationship with her then 13 YEAR OLD student, Vili.

I think she was let out of jail at some point and went and had secks while forbidden to even SEE the kid.

They have been married for 10 years and have 2 children together. I believe she has other children from her first marriage too. She is now 53 years old.

She wants to get her status as a secks offender changed so she can teach again.

Barbara Walters will have an interview with the lovebirds.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Super Contributor

Re: Remember Mary Kay Letourneau?

Honored Contributor

I saw a picture of her older daughter. She's beautiful.

I found the saga beyond distasteful. That being said, apparently they have given their 2 girls a loving home.

Respected Contributor

Will not watch the interview.

Honored Contributor

As much as I found that whole affair puzzling, a man probably would not have received a sentence as long as she did. Not sure, may be someone has stats.

Respected Contributor

I couldn't believe that some people that it was so romantic. If it had been a 34yo male teacher and 13 yo student the reaction would be so different.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, they have stayed together longer than most people who don't have odds against them such as they did. Strange.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

Plenty of dysfunctional couples stay together for life. Many women who are abused by their husband and vice versa never leave. Doesn't mean it's a healthy relationship. She is a bi-polar child molester.

For his part, Fualaau discussed his struggle with alcoholism, depression, and "why he believes the system failed him while he was still a minor

Honored Contributor

Let them be happy together - and let her go to work, but not in a classroom setting please.

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 traveler said:

I couldn't believe that some people that it was so romantic. If it had been a 34yo male teacher and 13 yo student the reaction would be so different.

Years ago I had a male colleague who was having an affair with a 14 year old student. He was fired. They married and had a family. He still had friends on staff who socialized with him so I know they were together at least 10 years.

Unlike MKL, this guy was in his early 20's and did not already have a family. She was in high school not 6th grade.