Esteemed Contributor

Re: Remains of Jacob Wetterling Found

@schindy wrote:

I'm sorry about this happening to Jacob and of course his family.  But I have to chime in here -- as a mother to a murdered child, there is no such thing as "closure" .. that phrase is the worst thing a parent of a murdered child could hear.  

Nothing will bring our children back - and even when there is justice (as in my case) it does not bring closure.  

I'm sorry to vent but I had to say something .. 

Thank you for saying that.  We have also lost a child, there is NEVER closure, hate that word and should never be used in losing a child. Nothing closes, the grief is never over, we just learn better coping skills to survive, as time goes on.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll never know what it is like to loose a child, especially in such a horrific way. 

But my heart does go out to the parents, and all parents who have lost children.

Maybe the family can somehow find peace now, or even forgiveness, if they are so inclined. 

Respected Contributor

Oh, how sad this story has been. We lived in the Twin Cities much of the time when they were looking for Jacob. They never gave up. It was always such an active story. At least now, the family will have some closure...if such a thing is possible in this situation.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for this conclusion.  This is not good.  The guy needs to be punished severly and if that means his own life is taken, the so be it.  No mercy. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

I wonder how they got the perp to lead them to the remains.  I hope they will get that story out soon.

Respected Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
This makes me so sad. I remember this child's story, it was so unbelievable. Do they have the death penalty there and can he be charged? I know the family and community hoped for a different outcome but now they can have proper burial. Prayers for the family:-)

As much as I agree with you, I'm not sure it wouldn't be better to give him life without parole! Inmates really take care of child molesters, if you know what I mean!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Esteemed Contributor

@fortune wrote:

I wonder how they got the perp to lead them to the remains.  I hope they will get that story out soon.

From what I understand, a plea deal was made, where the needle was taken off of the table, in exchange for his telling them where the body was located.