Respected Contributor

Re: Relieved to Know Some FAA Safety Inspectors Are Returning to the Job

Thank you for understanding what I am saying.  Lay offs you can collect unemployment.  I don't think these workers qualify for unemployment.  You are right about the fees.  If your account is overdrawn etc you can accumulate daily fees.  Maybe a go fund me page should be set up for them.

Federal employees who've been furloughed can apply for unemployment benefits; workers who've been deemed "essential" and are working without pay are not eligible for unemployment.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

We need the knowledge that only FAA Safety Inspectors possess to certify our pilots and aircraft.  

So relieved that many are back on the job (even if without pay for now).

We people work they should get paid.

They will get paid.  They will also get paid for the time that they were not working.  Always do.

Yes but when.  Some people need their money every payday.  A lot of people have automatic payments from their checks on pay day.  This will cause those peopl all kinds of trouble.  I have heard that some mortage companies and land lords will work with them some will not.  

Federal workers are not the lowest paid members of society.  Automatic payments can be stopped  There are a good number of other people who suffer lay-off, medical leave, ect. that survive.  This too shall pass.

But what about the cases where husband & wife are both federal workers and neither is getting paid? Yes, people suffer lay-offs, medical leave, etc but they are not required to still show up for work and not get paid. Those who are laid off can be at home looking for another job. I know when this is all over, they will get their back pay, but in the meantime fees are adding up on the bills they are missing, so they will be playing catch up for quite a while.

These are not minimum wage jobs.  People will get paid.  I would be more upset with the people who are not working and will still get paid. 

Not all government employees are bringing in the dough. TSA workers make in the 30 thousand a year. I saw a family on the news. Husband is a TSA worker, wife is home with their child. He said they don't make a lot, and now he's not bringing in anything, but still must report to work. 

Yes and he will be paid in full for that work.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

I wonder if people who are receiving no pay continue to receive their medical benefits? Also a lot of plans have large co-pays. Without savings, life saving drugs and care puts lives in jeopardy.

Respected Contributor

I hope there is enough money for tiger chow at the National Zoo.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

We need the knowledge that only FAA Safety Inspectors possess to certify our pilots and aircraft.  

So relieved that many are back on the job (even if without pay for now).

We people work they should get paid.

They will get paid.  They will also get paid for the time that they were not working.  Always do.

Yes but when.  Some people need their money every payday.  A lot of people have automatic payments from their checks on pay day.  This will cause those peopl all kinds of trouble.  I have heard that some mortage companies and land lords will work with them some will not.  

Federal workers are not the lowest paid members of society.  Automatic payments can be stopped  There are a good number of other people who suffer lay-off, medical leave, ect. that survive.  This too shall pass.

But what about the cases where husband & wife are both federal workers and neither is getting paid? Yes, people suffer lay-offs, medical leave, etc but they are not required to still show up for work and not get paid. Those who are laid off can be at home looking for another job. I know when this is all over, they will get their back pay, but in the meantime fees are adding up on the bills they are missing, so they will be playing catch up for quite a while.

These are not minimum wage jobs.  People will get paid.  I would be more upset with the people who are not working and will still get paid. 

Not all government employees are bringing in the dough. TSA workers make in the 30 thousand a year. I saw a family on the news. Husband is a TSA worker, wife is home with their child. He said they don't make a lot, and now he's not bringing in anything, but still must report to work. 

Yes and he will be paid in full for that work.

Of course he will, nowhere did I say he wouldn't, but in the meantime he's working WITHOUT pay and bills and late fees are piling up. 

Honored Contributor

Shutdowns have consequences that I won't soon forget.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I was furloughed as a federal employee, the government continued to provide my medical and dental insurances. There was no lapse in coverage.  That would be beyond the pale if that were to happen.   

For the back-pay payment, everything is reconciled. 

Respected Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

Of course he will, nowhere did I say he wouldn't, but in the meantime he's working WITHOUT pay and bills and late fees are piling up. 

I don't know why that even has to be pointed out. It's common sense.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My hope is that the people who do not understand the hardship of not receiving a regular paycheck even though they eventually will, at least realize how fortunate they are to not have this understanding.  How nice for them to be in a position in their life/lifestyle to just not 'get it'.  

Honored Contributor

Fortunately some financial institutions are offering no interest loans to furloughed employees. A journalist pointed out the other day that there is definitely a financial burden for employees called back to work without pay who have to pay for childcare and are ineligible for unemployment. Some people are operating under the misconception that federal employees automatically make a lot of money and that is not the case.