Honored Contributor

Relieved to Know Some FAA Safety Inspectors Are Returning to the Job

We need the knowledge that only FAA Safety Inspectors possess to certify our pilots and aircraft.  

So relieved that many are back on the job (even if without pay for now).

Honored Contributor

Re: Relieved to Know Some FAA Safety Inspectors Are Returning to the Job

@golding76 wrote:

We need the knowledge that only FAA Safety Inspectors possess to certify our pilots and aircraft.  

We people work they should get paid.

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

JJsMom,

Of course I believe these inspectors should be paid -- and they will be when all this horror has ended.

My relief, as should have been understood from reading my post, was in knowing that aircraft and pilots would be examined for safety compliance once again.  They have not been for the last several weeks, and that is a frightening situation.

This thread will be deleted soon.  Of this, I am certain.  

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

They will get paid.  They will also get paid for the time that they were not working.  Always do.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

They will get paid.  They will also get paid for the time that they were not working.  Always do.

Yes but when.  Some people need their money every payday.  A lot of people have automatic payments from their checks on pay day.  This will cause those peopl all kinds of trouble.  I have heard that some mortage companies and land lords will work with them some will not.  

Honored Contributor

CrazyDaisy,

As a former federal employee, I have been furloughed and ultimately been paid for those lost days.

It has already been announced that all furloughed federal employees -- including those workers who were deemed essential and had to work without pay from the outset of the furlough, and those who are now returning without pay -- will be paid when all this is over.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

Yes but when.  Some people need their money every payday.  A lot of people have automatic payments from their checks on pay day.  This will cause those peopl all kinds of trouble.  I have heard that some mortage companies and land lords will work with them some will not.  

Federal workers are not the lowest paid members of society.  Automatic payments can be stopped  There are a good number of other people who suffer lay-off, medical leave, ect. that survive.  This too shall pass.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

yellow919,

You cited the very painful part of all this.  Having lived through such financial uncertainty and difficulty myself, I can tell you that it is a hard burden to carry.