Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sad to hear about Regis's passing.   I can still remember meeting him and having a photo taken with him on the Regis and Kathy Lee show back when.   I remember I was thrilled when my best friends got us tickets to the show !!!!  I watched it every morning.   He was so gracious and personable.    Loved meeting him.  RIP🙏🏻

Trusted Contributor

always loved him! so sad.. may he rest in peace. i use to love watching regis and kelly yrs ago

Respected Contributor

I was so sad to see the passing of Regis.  My DS called to tell me since he was my viewing partner for Regis and Kathie Lee years ago.  A gentleman who is already missed.  RIP

Honored Contributor

Condolences to his family and all that were close to him. Use to DVR/VCR his shows when it was him and Kathy Griffin. Loved his sense of humor and his way of interviewing his guests.  

Rest in Peace Regis, you will be missed by many.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Condolences to his family and all that were close to him. Use to DVR/VCR his shows when it was him and Kathy Griffin. Loved his sense of humor and his way of interviewing his guests.  

Rest in Peace Regis, you will be missed by many.

hckynut 🏒

Not Griffin -- Gifford.  Kathie Lee Gifford.  Regis would be the first one to laugh (and forgive you) for the error!  (Kathie Lee, on the other hand, would probably down another glass of wine...)

Respected Contributor

Regis and Kathy Lee were head and shoulders better than Kelly Rippa and Ryan Seacrest.  I feel Kathy Lee will pay honors on The Today Show Monday morning.

Honored Contributor

Regis used to host a show in the Los Angeles area that I enjoyed.  His cohost was Sarah Purcell and then Cyndy Garvey (exwife of Dodgers Steve Garvey).  I never cared for Kathy Lee.

I'm actually kind of surprised that he was only 20 years older than me.  

Respected Contributor

@kivah 

Yes, Regis was an excellent television personality and a nice man. I had the privilege of meeting him on the subway back in the 90's while he and Kathie Lee were filming a segment. He was was so funny and took a liking to my young son. Michael was wearing a Notre Dame hat and a Celtics jacket. Regis ate that up, especially because N.D. was his alma mater. He was yelling, "The fighting Irish Mikey, let's go! "  They were throwing play punches, and breaking balls with each other.  He was acting like a kid. It was so sweet. Regis was a great storyteller. He could take the most simple story and expand on it and captivate an audience. I didn't notice that he had an accent. 😝 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

And that's his final answer.

Rest in peace, Regis.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

I was saddened to read that Regis Philbine died.   It seems many of his stature have passed away recently.  Many of us in a certain age group remember them and they are total strangers to the younger age group.  Rest in peace Regis Philbin.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam