Respected Contributor

Refineries coming back up - Port of Corpus back open

Watching TX Gov Abbott reassuring Texans that they won't run out of gasoline.  He said that TX received air support from 43 states.  Amazing!

Honored Contributor

Re: Refineries coming back up - Port of Corpus back open

Proving there is still a unified spirit and strength in numbers in the USA!

Honored Contributor

Yay!!  I have to fill up soon and I'd rather keep my donations with the charities and not the gas pump.  

Respected Contributor

i think Corpus is leading the pack -  refineries in other areas will take longer.  i think there was a general rumor in TX that they were about to run out of gas in-state. Gov Abbott wanted to put that to bed.   i think the general supply of gasoline is tighter than normal due to less refining, obviously.  the President released oil from the strategic oil reserve to help balance the markets.  i think they are doing their best to keep this from being a major price spike as it has been in disasters past. 

Respected Contributor

My brother called me last night.  Panic in Dallas over this.  People topping off, gas lines everywhere.  Stations had to close because they ran out of gas.  He just kept saying Stoopid people.  He said the lines were backing up traffic and doubled his commute home.  

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

Watching TX Gov Abbott reassuring Texans that they won't run out of gasoline.  He said that TX received air support from 43 states.  Amazing!

And from Mexico. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

As soon as a dark cloud forms over a refinery, the oil companies use it as an excuse to raise prices.  You know that the gasoline at the pumps had already been pumped and refined last week-end but prices immediate rose about 6¢/gal here because the refineries couldn't operate, or so they said.  What did that have to do with what was already in tanks at local gas stations? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

the media created a gas shortage out of thin air...we are going out of town this weekend and had to go three places to find gas......due to panicking drivers...an hour wait in line at the gas station! Finally found gas this morning using an app that shows where you can find gas in your zip code. I am in the DFW area....plenty of gas today....no lines anywhere.

Honored Contributor

The panic has passed; today plenty of gas and no traffic backed up at area service stations.

Trusted Contributor

@lovesrecess  I don't know what part of Dallas you live in, but I'm in NE Dallas County and the panic has NOT subsided. Stations are running out of gas as fast as they can be refueled. There are still lines, although the wait isn't as long. The tracker.gasbuddy.com app still shows lots of red "out of fuel" reports. I hope people will calm down after the holiday weekend.