Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@Noel7 I have the Holiday cookbook & Dinnertime.

I spend more time collecting cookbooks than actually cooking, at the moment. LOL

My husband works long hours & is never here for dinner.

He is going to retire in January, so I am looking forward to cooking more.

I love to look through Ree's cookbooks. At the pictures of her family & the ranch.

Hi @Dusty1  Thank you for your response.  I watched part of Ree's cooking show yesterday, the one where she fixes a care box for her daughter.  I'll have to watch more often Smiley Happy  and I'll have to look for her Dinnertime book.

I also collect cookbooks.  Every time I think there couldn't possibly be something new, there is, LOL

Trusted Contributor

Re: Ree Drummond

[ Edited ]

In June DH and I took a car (well truck) trip from Colorado to Maine ... we spent the night in Pawhuska, OK.   We visited the Mercantile....it was really fun and not real crowded the time of day we went...but...there was ALWAYS a line to get into the restaurant to eat.  

The downtown area where it's located is mostly deserted...a few businesses but in need of repair.  

Everyone there speaks very highly of the family...at times Ree or her husband are there visiting or eating.  We didn't have time to go to the ranch but it was free to go there....a nice touch ...seeing most things have some kind of charge wherever you go as a tourist these days.

They employ lots of people in the area...a place where jobs are few and far between,  DW

Respected Contributor

Regarding the family net worth: They spent a small fortune buying and renovating the building that became The Merchantile. That was a demolition from the studs out. They've also bought another building in town that they are turning into a smallish hotel-again, demolishing it from the studs out. When they were renovating the Merchantile (which took over a year) I followed the progress on her blog. I don't think any expense was spared.

Prior to those projects, they undertook a total renovation of The Lodge: that's where her Food Network show is filmed. It was used for other projects she did prior to getting the food show. 

I would say a few million was dedicated to those building projects-

Honored Contributor

@Noel7, I just wanted to say that I also enjoy your thoughts, and mild mannerism here on these forums. Smiley Happy

I enjoy Ree, and always try to watch her cooking shows. I like her style of cooking, and her family values that she demonstrates. 

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@Noel7, I just wanted to say that I also enjoy your thoughts, and mild mannerism here on these forums. Smiley Happy

I enjoy Ree, and always try to watch her cooking shows. I like her style of cooking, and her family values that she demonstrates. 

Hi @Tissyanne

Thank you, I like to read your posts, and I must say, I love your name 😊. I like Ree, too, and love seeing photos of her family and the ranch.

Esteemed Contributor

I periodically catch bits and pieces of her shows.  Today she was making chocolate/butterscotch bars for her father-in-law and delivering them

She seems a genuinely happy person, and admire what appears to be a hard working family.  I did catch one episode where she was taking lunch to the men working at The Mercantile.  Sounds like it turned out to be a fabulous place.

Love watching her in the kitchen, and her things at Walmart are really pretty.

Respected Contributor

We're trying to arrange a trip to The Mercantile.   I would love to go and see it 

Her blog has generated millions.   That's how the Food Network noticed her.  I really love watching her show.   

All the giveaways on her blog come out of her pocket.  She doesn't accept any gifts.   That's impressive 

Honored Contributor

Re: Ree Drummond

[ Edited ]

I did not see the show referred to, but I just had to buy several of her plates, bowls and canisters that are sold at Walmart.  Believe it or not, their decorations remind me of pieces that used to be made in Italy.  I also fell for some oven mitts and gloves.  Did I need any of these pieces?  No, but I just fell in love with her designs and colors.  

For me, she is the pioneer "Italian" woman.

The Pioneer Woman Vintage Floral 12-Piece Dinnerware Set

The Pioneer Woman Blossom Jubilee 6" Footed Bowl Set, Set of 4

Honored Contributor

I didn't see the show, but from the pictures provided I think she looks like herself but with bad hair and makeup.

That being said, whenever I see her show, I think it's time for a new hairdo.  Not necessarily a huge change or short hair; just a little tweaking.  Maybe a little softness around her face.

I'm sure she couldn't care less what I think.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Witchy Woman,

I just read your remarks about Ree Drummond and see that you, too, love her goods at Walmart.  They are so delightful to look at!  So utterly pretty!  I agree with you.