Honored Contributor

@Danky wrote:

@Noel7-----now that you mentioned it, I think I remember reading that somewhere also and thinking to myself that that was not a great deal of money given the outlets we (the public) are aware of.

Although all land has value, not all land is valuable. Also it very well may be that the land may be in a trust .....Anyway, I think I overreacted, LOL, based on my own experiences in an entirely different part of the country.

I thought it was awfully low, also.That huge ranch, the livestock, her books, her TV shows, her restaurant.  Her net worth should be a lot higher and it probably is.

@Danky

Honored Contributor

@summerwind wrote:

@Noel7, re: Corelle, I started getting Corelle when my kids were babies. I had stoneware, Pfaltzgraff (sp), and a couple others, but they'd chip, and my kids' dad has a habit of breaking things. The Corelle is all I've used since then, almost 35 years, never any breakage or chipping, light weight, and save so much cabinet space!!  Mine is the Blue Iris pattern, discontinued some time ago, with a sort of bisque background instead of white, wish they'd go back to more of that, but anyway. One son got all white when he went out on his own, the other wishes he had mine lol!

Hi @summerwind

Thank you so much for providing all that information!  I've looked at various Corelle patterns, they are so nice!  How lucky that you have one of their older discontinued patterns, it sounds lovely.

I've collected a lot dishes and specialty plates for decades, a lot were gifts, but I've always thought the Corelle would be nice to have.  I have problems with my hands every so often, not arthritis.  Anti-inflammatory gets me now and then and I want something lite and not easily breakable.  I may ask for that set for Christmas Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Noel7------I just want to take a moment to say that you are always so gracious. When you take the time to provide correct info, you never make the poster whom you are addressing feel like a moron. There are some "know it all---expert on everything" posters who start their reply with "You are wrong" or some rude comment advising everyone that unless the statement comes from their fingers it is to be dismissed. You are not one of them.

Honored Contributor

@Danky wrote:

@Noel7------I just want to take a moment to say that you are always so gracious. When you take the time to provide correct info, you never make the poster whom you are addressing feel like a moron. There are some "know it all---expert on everything" posters who start their reply with "You are wrong" or some rude comment advising everyone that unless the statement comes from their fingers it is to be dismissed. You are not one of them.

Thank you so much @Danky that's very kind of you.

Full disclosure, some years ago I would say someone was wrong.  It was in reply to what I will just say were bigoted comments from a few.  I finally learned not to reply to someone like that.  I learned from others here who shunned such comments.

I'm glad to see I've improved a little Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Danky wrote:

Thank you so much @Danky that's very kind of you.

Full disclosure, some years ago I would say someone was wrong.  It was in reply to what I will just say were bigoted comments from a few.  I finally learned not to reply to someone like that.  I learned from others here who shunned such comments.

I'm glad to see I've improved a little Woman Happy

@Noel7 @Danky  HeartHeart

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Sueliz

Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Oh for crying out loud I now have a 20% off coupon for Corelle!  

My mom had those and they are indeed light and joyful to use.  A few patterns are screaming "buy me".

You are gracious @Noel7.  Blessings your way and hope that it rains to quell the fires.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

I wonder if Ree spreads herself too thin.  She has no need to do all this, but she obviously wants to do it.  Her kids are growing up quickly.  I really don't understand how she can do all this.  Does she still home school?  She must have domestic help to do the everyday cooking and cleaning. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Oh for crying out loud I now have a 20% off coupon for Corelle!  

My mom had those and they are indeed light and joyful to use.  A few patterns are screaming "buy me".

You are gracious @Noel7.  Blessings your way and hope that it rains to quell the fires.

@Sweetbay magnolia

Thank you Smiley Happy  I'm even worse when it comes to dishes, Sweetbay.  I ordered the red rimmed diner set I always liked.  Not long after, it occurred to me that I could get Christmas Corelle dinner plates and use them with the other red rim pieces that went with the diner set.

Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 I have the Holiday cookbook & Dinnertime.

I spend more time collecting cookbooks than actually cooking, at the moment. LOL

My husband works long hours & is never here for dinner.

He is going to retire in January, so I am looking forward to cooking more.

I love to look through Ree's cookbooks. At the pictures of her family & the ranch.