Honored Contributor

I really like her and have a few of her cookbooks. She seems like a sweet, kind, thoughtful person. She is just ageing like he rest of us and probably hasn't had any work done. I too have noticed that the hosts makeup has gotten quite heavy looking. Maybe they have a new make up artist. I am not a fan of the dark lip, thick false lashes,  and heavy face make up on the older hosts. I think it ages them. The younger ones can get away with the darker lip more. Hate heavy face make up on all.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I thought I read that she opened a new restaurant too.  She's a busy little bee.  I wonder if a cute bob might be more fitting now for her busy schedule?  

She opened up The Mercantile - it's a store and it also has a restaurant.   They're also opening up a hotel.   

Honored Contributor

If anyone is interested in her store and restaurant just google pioneer woman mercantile. The store has a website. She also offers free tours of the house where she films during certain times of the year.

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

She has the money to take off,go to a spa, vacation,buy the best skincare,not concerned.

OMG that land her husband owns!!!!!  Acres and acres of prime land.  That's real wealth.  Something paper money does not have over time.  But land does.  I bet she's a billionair several times over just on the worth of that land.

@songbird-----the Drummonds are in the top 20 largest land holders in the US with almost 1/2 million acres under their collective feet. 

I have 11 acres 20 minutes outside of NYC, in NJ, and JUST my taxes and homeowners insurance combined are close to $50,000 annually. 

I agree......their wealth may be immeasurable.

Regular Contributor

I use her recipe for cauliflower soup all the time.  It is absolutely delicious! It was featured in a show where they made some to take to Ladd's grandma for her birthday.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ree Drummond

[ Edited ]

@Danky wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

She has the money to take off,go to a spa, vacation,buy the best skincare,not concerned.

OMG that land her husband owns!!!!!  Acres and acres of prime land.  That's real wealth.  Something paper money does not have over time.  But land does.  I bet she's a billionair several times over just on the worth of that land.

@songbird-----the Drummonds are in the top 20 largest land holders in the US with almost 1/2 million acres under their collective feet. 

I have 11 acres 20 minutes outside of NYC, in NJ, and JUST my taxes and homeowners insurance combined are close to $50,000 annually. 

I agree......their wealth may be immeasurable.

@Danky

They are listed online from various sources as having a net worth of $8 million.  That may have gone up since then.

Honored Contributor

She colors her own hair periodically and posts the bad results when she does.

She is getting ready to go on a book tour with her new book I believe.  Plus she is rolling out bedding.

They also have a new building they are renovating now that the Mercantile is up and running.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

She needs Chaz to do her hair.  He does red very well from what I see on  his FB feed.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@Noel7-----now that you mentioned it, I think I remember reading that somewhere also and thinking to myself that that was not a great deal of money given the outlets we (the public) are aware of.

Although all land has value, not all land is valuable. Also it very well may be that the land may be in a trust .....Anyway, I think I overreacted, LOL, based on my own experiences in an entirely different part of the country.

Super Contributor

@Noel7, re: Corelle, I started getting Corelle when my kids were babies. I had stoneware, Pfaltzgraff (sp), and a couple others, but they'd chip, and my kids' dad has a habit of breaking things. The Corelle is all I've used since then, almost 35 years, never any breakage or chipping, light weight, and save so much cabinet space!!  Mine is the Blue Iris pattern, discontinued some time ago, with a sort of bisque background instead of white, wish they'd go back to more of that, but anyway. One son got all white when he went out on his own, the other wishes he had mine lol!