Honored Contributor

Re: Red bell pepper prices

[ Edited ]

At our grocery store H E B here in Texas the red peppers are $1.42 each

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought one today and it was 99 cents. We often see them about a dollar each.

Honored Contributor

I don't know where you live but here in MA (at Stop and Shop this morning); organic red bell peppers were $2.99 each and non organic ones were $1.99 each.  I bought two of the non oranic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in fear that the day will come when I will no longer be able to afford peppers for my Italian sausage and peppers.

I require green, yellow, orange and red. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

That price seems to be a lot more than what I've seen in my Midwest city. I think one of the problems we might start to see is the shortage of over-the-road truck drivers to transport food across our country. From what I've been reading, this has become a real problem for the food transport business.

Honored Contributor

I think groceries are going to go sky high and I am thinking I need to weight not just price, but what nuturitional value am I getting for my money.

More cabbage, fewer fancy lettuces, more bell peppers and fewer snacks, eggs rather than breakfast sausages, etc. etc.  Higher quality rather than snacks.  

Respected Contributor
I paid 99 cents a piece at Fresh Thyme this afternoon.
Honored Contributor

And the irony is that Florida is among the top three states where bell peppers are grown. Many of you that got a $.99 pepper probably got one that was grown in Florida.

Respected Contributor

I'm in NC, and last I checked, our red/yellow/orange peppers are $1.99 apiece at the local Food Lion.  You can buy a package of 3 (1red, 1yellow, 1orange) for $3.99.

I always thought this was kinda high so I don't eat many peppers anymore.  Sometimes I'll get the package, but I tend to buy more carrots, cucumbers, petite tomatoes, avocados, which I get more satisfaction out of.

We're going to see big inflation, you can bet on it.  Woman Mad

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I'm in NC, and last I checked, our red/yellow/orange peppers are $1.99 apiece at the local Food Lion.  You can buy a package of 3 (1red, 1yellow, 1orange) for $3.99.

I always thought this was kinda high so I don't eat many peppers anymore.  Sometimes I'll get the package, but I tend to buy more carrots, cucumbers, petite tomatoes, avocados, which I get more satisfaction out of.

We're going to see big inflation, you can bet on it.  Woman Mad

@jellyBEAN 

I'm not sure where you are in NC but they are very easy to grow here. I usually get plants from the farmers market and plant them in pots or on the end of my herb garden.