Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter   I buys lot of produce from Sprouts.  I also cook a lot with green peppers.  They are 79 cents each at Sprouts.  Ralph's sells them for 99 cents each. All groceries are over the top exoensivebthese days and yes it's getting worse

Honored Contributor

Re: Red bell pepper prices

[ Edited ]

The Sprouts here has selling green bell peppers 2/$1 frequently. I don’t buy the red big ones but have found the mini ones in a bag of red, yellow, and gold keep much longer and are a better value. I wrap my bell pepper in a paper towel before putting in a lock&lock to store in the fridge and it really helps keep it crisp. DH is on the low carb wagon again and fresh veggies for salads everyday is getting expensive! I should have planted some peppers...

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D 

I've noticed that! 

I like to add red Fresno chiles to my salsa for spice as well as

color, and they are much more expensive than the green chiles.

I think they turn red on the plant after growing longer.  At least

that has been our experience when growing a few plants ourselves.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   Instacart is a RIP OFF!   I stopped using them and shop directly with the grocery store.  You will save a lot of money this way.  Red, yellow, orange bell peppers are higher but that price is completely ridiculous.  I hate when companies take advanage of the customer.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

Whoa.   I just paid 2/99 cents for two very nice ones.  Maybe living in CA which has so much agricultural land has something to do with it?

Honored Contributor

update on bell pepper shopping in my area......baltimore.

i went to both GIANT and to SAMS CLUB on friday.

SAMS CLUB

a bag of 6 (2 red, 2 yellow, 2 orange) was $6.99.

a 1 1/2 pound bag of the mini bell peppers ( a mix of red, orange, yellow) was $5.69...... l love these and buy them often.

GIANT

at the grocery store they were having a special on red bell peppers..... 10 for $10.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein