Honored Contributor

Red bell pepper prices

[ Edited ]

I can't believe the price of red bell peppers. Today, I was ordering groceries and one red or yellow bell pepper was $4.52. I like to put them in my smoothies for their Vitamin C and A content but my smoothies will have to do without them. The price I saw was on Instacart for Publix.

Price on Amazon Fresh was $1.38 for regular red bell and $2.34 for organic. MUCH LOWER.

OOPS. Regular are $4.52 a pound, Organic's are $4.52 each. 

Respected Contributor

Oh my word!  Just bought a nice one at Walmart for $1.48, the usual price.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@Mindy D  Wow!!! $$$$ Tomorrow they have a bag of the mini peppers on sale for $3.59 as a BOGO.  🏪

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Im afraid its only going to get worse.  With (and I quote) "Cyber Hacks" which seems to be the latest excuse for price gouging.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Mindy D  Your oops reminds me of the old Saturday Night Live skit with The Emily Litella character saying "never mind.".  LOL 😁

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Chile pepper is also likely to be sky high this year.  There's no water to grown a crop.  The reservoir that sends water to Hatch for the chile crop is only at 4% of capacity. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Mindy D  Your oops reminds me of the old Saturday Night Live skit with The Emily Litella character saying "never mind.".  LOL 😁

@SloopJohnB @I've got her pictured in my mind. I miss Gilda. 

Honored Contributor

Do you have an Aldi or Lidl?  Check to see which one fullfils Instacart orders. 

They are much lower on produce and we have never gotten bad produce from them.

Honored Contributor

Red bell peppers are $.99 a piece at my local grocery store.  This is the everyday price. 

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D  Me, too.  Especially her as Roseanne Roseannadanna.  🍌

SNL used to be so good!  😍