Esteemed Contributor

Re: Recs for phone system with lots of call blocking

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@shell garden

Did you find anything difficult about setting the system up?

I'm not too sharp in that department, but can struggle through instructions.

I'm hoping to just remove the old phones and plug this one in.  One person mentioned it was "hard to program."

It is easy, peasy!  I just plugged mine in!  I didn't even bother recording my own message on the answering machine!  I just left the automated answer on.  It does have the 250 call block numbers and as time goes on, you can undo blocked calls...but, 250 is alot to block!  I think after the political season is over with....you can go back and undelete them to make more room for further blocked calls!

I do not think you will get a better deal than this one, seriously!  Did I mention I LOVE THE COLOR????LOL, white with champagne...just so pretty!

Esteemed Contributor

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@jackthebear

I have eliminated and reentered the 30 call block slots over and over and over.  It's fine for awhile, but I'm convinced these companies have an infinite number of numbers they call from. 

So, it doesn't offer much relief when you can only block 30.  They just start calling from other numbers.  Further, I frequently get calls showing MY name AND phone number -- like I'm calling myself! -- and they are scam calls.  There's no winning against these people.

My Verizon system does not support nomorerobo unless something has changed.  I checked about a month ago and they didn't.

ugh such a PITA

get a new phone or that thing they sell that you add to your phone, the sell it on H*N

there was a story on the NBC news last night about this issue and a couple of websites that might help were mentioned.

good luck

Esteemed Contributor

@shell garden

I think you should get commission from HSN!

I've got it in my cart and ready to buy.

My DH (who still works, I'm retired), said, "can't you just ignore the rings."  Obviously, he does not understand.  Everytime the phone rings, I am conditioned to answer thinking "someone is trying to reach me."  Maybe I need thereapy for THAT, too!

Anyway, I'm going with it.  $99 is a small price to pay for stopping the insessant calls. 

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

You mentioned some said it was hard to program!  Well, I do not care about all that fancy, smancy stuff this phone can do...like programming it to forward calls, or have it go to your cell phone, wash your dishes, fold laundry, LOL!!!!!!  No, I just plugged them in and like I said, didn't even change the answering machine message!  But, wanted the call block feature, 250 number blocked total!  Keep the instructions to know how to UNBLOCK a number, but basically just plug them in...hit the call block button under the number "0", it will say do you want to block, yes or not, hit yes and done!

It has an excellent reception!  Out of all the phones I have ever had...it is the best!

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@shell garden

I think you should get commission from HSN!

I've got it in my cart and ready to buy.

My DH (who still works, I'm retired), said, "can't you just ignore the rings."  Obviously, he does not understand.  Everytime the phone rings, I am conditioned to answer thinking "someone is trying to reach me."  Maybe I need thereapy for THAT, too!

Anyway, I'm going with it.  $99 is a small price to pay for stopping the insessant calls. 

Thanks!

LOL, I will take that commission!  🙆 Seriously, poster recommendations are the way to go!  also, when the phone rings, not only does your caller ID show the number...a woman's voice comes on to announce the name!  Even if it shows, "private caller", which you know is a telemarketer or fake!  You can hear the woman's voice announce all calls!  I think you will love it!  Just keep it simple like I did!  Let me know how you love it!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@shell garden

The only thing I will have to do (I hope) is set up the answering system.  The other stuff, I don't care about.

Yes, I liked that they had a dedicated call block number.  So satisfying to just hit that button and know they are banished!

One reviewer mentioned that blocked numbers were immediately blocked and there was no ring through.  Hope that is the case.  Mine rings once, checks, then blocks.

But with 250 slots for blocking, I'm thrilled!

Honored Contributor

Also if it robo calls that are bothersome got to nomorobo(dot)com, it will end the robo calls for ever, it is wonderful robo calls ring once and then call stops

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox

My Verizon system does not support this, unfortunately.  I'm in Maryland, so not sure how it is applied, but the last time I checked it said no support for nomorerobo.

Respected Contributor

I too was at my wit's end with all the robo calls. Like you, I was ready to look into a phone that blocks calls until I saw that my AT&T phone number can be blocked on nomorerobo website. I can't believe the difference it has made. I've gone from a robo call every half hour on some days to none or maybe a couple a day.  It's too bad Verizon can't use that site too.