Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for which home mortgage loan company to use for new purchase?

I had my first mortgage through WF. No problems. I decided to go back with them when I bought my second property. Again, excellent service and they have never sold my loan. They took care of everything on their end and it was very easy. For the first mortgage, the closest broker was out of state so everything was done via fax/Fed Ex but this time I was able to go with a local office and sign on the dotted line.

Super Contributor

Re: Recommendations for which home mortgage loan company to use for new purchase?

I also did a re-fi with Quicken last July. I was dreading it going in but it was so easy. Everything was done via email or fax. I had a daily email update from my ""guy"". I closed in less than 30 days. We met at a Starbucks for signatures and I was out of there in less than an hour. Love Quicken!

Respected Contributor

On 3/19/2014 DeltaOne said:

If you belong to (or could join) a Credit Union, I'd check with them, first. They don't pay their CEO's millions of dollars a year like banks do.

Yes, this as above.

Super Contributor

I was with WF and when I refinanced last year I went with WF again- painless and they did a great job...with an awesome rate...

Trusted Contributor

Susie..... hope you are doing well..... inquiring minds want to know where this new home is?? lol

Super Contributor

Why not try a credit union? 

Contributor

6 years ago we built a new home - our builder was DR Horton. They had their own mortgage co. and we used them because if we used them they paid the closing costs. Almost as soon as we closed on this house they sold our mortgage to Wells Fargo.We sold our previous home and were able to pay off the loan and we had no problems with wells fargo as far as the immediate pay off of the loan.

Trusted Contributor

We have had ours for years with BOA. Great service, no problems.i do all my banking with them.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I 2nd what CB says about Quicken.  Easy peasy.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

We've had three different mortgage companies in the last 10 years.

Citi Bank = fine

Roundpoint Mortgage = customer service is a mess but otherwise okay

Quicken Loans = excellent

If I had to use one of the three above again, it would definitely be Quicken Loans. Very easy to work with and decent rates. That's my two cents!