Frequent Contributor

Recommendations for Photo Organizer App

[ Edited ]

Hi all! Just bought a new HP computer for personal documents and photos only. I have thousands of pictures, most digital, some on thumb drives, and some that I intend on digitizing. I have been researching photo apps to see what suits my basic needs to finally get all my photos in order. Looking for the following. Number 2 is most important to me, but no photo app I've researched so far does not even mention this capability.

1. Ability to initially download all photos into a "to be filed" file

2. Ability to move pictures into designated created files (manually or drag and drop) and then be able to manually arrange them within the file.

3. Ability to recognize duplicate photos and receive notification of such

4. ability to verify that ALL pictures were downloaded, and if not, why not and provides suggestions 

5. basic editing capability

6. User friendly for the non-techy 

I'm not looking for bells and whistles. Just want to get my photos stored in some logical order on one device.

Any recommendations would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Recommendations for Photo Organizer App

Have you tried using the File Explorer and Paint that's already built into Windows? I personally don't add software or apps to my computers unless they can do things not already available in Windows, or can do them better.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Recommendations for Photo Organizer App

I have not. I'm so out of touch using a laptop, but I will definitely look into it! Thank you!