Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for New Blankets

There is a new Berkshire "filled" blanket that showed up on the Qs inventory today. I will be interested to see the reviews for this one. I found it under the "Top Finds" tab for today.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@libbyannE wrote:

@phoenixbrd

We ha e had the same down comforter since we were married in the 70 s. I had no idea. Thank you for the post.

Thank you for your comment.  I too have items I never would have purchased if I had known the animal cruelty that was involved to produce.  It has been a long and challenging process to awaken to the truth.  

Honored Contributor

@Brinklii wrote:

@Fressa ... The Malden Mills polar fleece blankets look very nice. I've been wanting a Dennis Basso faux fur throw. They look like the epitome of luxury!

I ordered the Basso faux fur TSV a year or so ago and honestly it didn't feel any nicer than the faux fur ones I had bought at Costco for 1/3 the price. I returned mine. @Yardlie

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Brinklii wrote:

@Nightowlz... I was just looking at the bamboo sheets for next summer. They look very nice. We already need our winter blankets on. We've reached the freezing point already...brrrr!

@Yardlie Someone on the forums recommended bamboo sheets from Cariloha. I finally splurged & bought a set Memorial weekend when they had 35% off. They are expensive but so soft & comfy. DH told me I should not make the bed where you don't want to get out of it. LOL!!! Best time to buy from them is on one of these holidays where they have 35% off. Next good % off will probably be Black Friday or Cyber Monday. They post their codes on their FB page or you just have to keep checking their website. 

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz ... Thank you for the information! The bamboo sheets sound absolutely wonderful. Nothing like something cool, smooth, soft, and moisture-wicking against your skin on a hot summer night! DH and I both believe that investing a little extra in a nice product like this is well worth it (if you can afford it). It more than pays for itself over time compared to buying cheaper grade products.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@Brinklii wrote:

@Nightowlz ... Thank you for the information! The bamboo sheets sound absolutely wonderful. Nothing like something cool, smooth, soft, and moisture-wicking against your skin on a hot summer night! DH and I both believe that investing a little extra in a nice product like this is well worth it (if you can afford it). It more than pays for itself over time compared to buying cheaper grade products.

@Yardlie ITA. The bamboo sheets & the flannel sheets I bought were both expensive but well worth it with the amount of time we spend in bed. I also hate having to return sheets the pill. I have had bamboo sheets before that were really nice that did not cost as much as the ones from Cariloha but it's been years. We all know how prices have gone up.