Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations Made to Israeli Government for Staged Reopen of Israeli Economy

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

Agree with much of your post, except the part about being caught off guard.  

Many ‘top’ people including doctors predicted this, submitted reports, studies, demonstrations, etc.  They were ignored, but they are dated, signed, and still available for reading.  

Be Safe, Be Well

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

Re: Recommendations Made to Israeli Government for Staged Reopen of Israeli Economy

Why wear gloves? When you leave the store, use hand sanitizer. We need to take the antibody test. Take hydroxychloroquine if you can with doctor's supervision and prescription. And those who are not immune stay home and all the rest if us watch out for them. Take care of them. We need to go back to work and life.
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Shanus 

Agree with much of your post, except the part about being caught off guard.  

Many ‘top’ people including doctors predicted this, submitted reports, studies, demonstrations, etc.  They were ignored, but they are dated, signed, and still available for reading.  

@Drythe   I agree with you on that point. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Preach!!!.png

AMEN!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Reading some of these posts makes me wonder whether some really don't understand the situation we are in and what needs to be done. There are so many variables with this new virus. We still are pondering whether it is airborne or not.

There are regular updates about areas that had few to no cases that are now seeing them. That's why a patchwork may or may not work well.

The toll on the economy is dire and will likely get much worse before this is all over. We need continued financial help; we don't need more overwhelmed hospitals and sick and dying people

The Federal Gov't can only give guidelines. It it up to each state to evaluate their own situation and determine the actions and timelines they will implement.

While this is true, @reiki604, what comes down from above matters in terms of validating what so many are eager to hear. They may become less likely to stick with the program in terms of their daily behavior. That's the danger in having mixed messages out there.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I think we'll be running scared all of this year and well into, if not all of, the next.  There will be no "normal" until the immunization is safe and available to everyone and everyone, except the few knuckleheads who will refuse, has had it.  It's not going to suddenly disappear and everything will be rosy.  The new standards of sanitation will become a way of life.  It's not going to be a fun time to be a citizen of the Earth.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Good for Israel!  We need to follow suit before there is irreparable economic collapse here.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

Yes, I think several plans need to be developed because no one is sure about when or how yet.  

However, it's way too early to even think about implementing it in my state, let alone the country.  I live in what has now been named a hot spot and the number of cases and deaths increase dramatically every day.

Our governor buries her head in the sand and thinks it's crazy to issue any type of stay at home order or request masks and ventilators.  She has a secret matrix and not enough people have died to warrant a stay at home order.  At one point, she even said Dr Fauci doesn't know the facts.  

Too many people are out and about without masks and gloves.  If they don't care about themselves, they need to care about others.  The CDC said up to 25% of people could be carriers and not even know it.  

@CalminHeart Are places open in your state?

Malls, salons, and a lot of places were still open, and some types of gatherings were not banned, until Dr Fauci called the governor last week.   As a result of that call, she specified more places that had to close.   We're close to matching a stay-at-home order but so miuch is voluntary since the governor won't issue an order.  A lot of people here are still ignoring requests to use masks, gloves, and stay 6-10 feet away from others.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart   That was what I meant by EVERYONE following the regulations. By your area not being hunkered down, that means more possible cases and the virus spreading to anyone those people came into contact with. Certainly not blaming you, but it's obvious how this pandemic will not be ending soon. 

Respected Contributor

when all is said and done it will be instructive to compare infection rates in areas that practiced social distancing etc vs those that totally locked down.  countries like Sweden and Brazil did not lock down.   we'll see what the numbers tell us then.  we are still writing the story now.

the NYC area situation will have to be studied - and conclusions drawn and lessons learned and recommendations made.  awful to see that unfold.  it is beyond being a "hot" spot. 

i'll be interested to hear Dr Fauci's ideas for his gradual re-opening in May as he broached yesterday.  perhaps we'll hear more on Tuesday.