Respected Contributor

Recommendations For Dry Skin Winter Legs

Dry skin winter legs!  I'm sure it's a problem many of us deal with.  I have many body creams and lotions, mostly given to me for gifts, as well as a few I've have purchased myself, such as Beekman and some popular brands found in the beauty department in pharmacies, etc. 

After showering, I will use them on my legs and arms and they do help relieve some of the dryness, some better than others.  I'm wondering what you all use that you find effective or more effective than what I've been using that I might try.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Super Contributor

Re: Recommendations For Dry Skin Winter Legs

Gold Bond Softening works for me

Honored Contributor

Cerave cream with ceramides in the round tub is my favorite for winter.  I started using it last winter and love it. It soaks in, isn't greasy, and my legs/arms have never been better.

I use Cerave lotion in the warm months.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the driest skin ever. I do two things. I keep a sprayer in the shower filled with whatever oil you choose, i use Neutrogena. I spray it on damp skin and rub in, then I apply a thick cream. Lately I've used CeraVe or Palmer's. works like a charm. My skin is comfortable!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jaspertimes   Thanks I think I'll give the Gold Bold a try.  With all the changing weather, 70 one day & 25 the next combined with forced heat I'm feeling a WHOLE LOT like a LIZARD!        @CalminHeart   My cousin swears by the cerave!  In fact, it's what her dermatologist said would work best 

Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella I tried Cera Ve for the first time last year, and I find it to be a nice, rich and emollient cream, without being greasy.

Also, I plan on buying Palmer's Cream that a Physical Therapist used on me while massaging a muscle, and it had a nice Shea Butter fragrance and seemed to be a good moisturizing cream. She said you can get it at CVS.

As much as I love my Philosophy Fresh Cream body butter...I don't think it's as lasting for actual moisturizing.

I have used and loved Josie Maran's body butters...also rich and lasting.

Super Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@Jaspertimes   Thanks I think I'll give the Gold Bold a try.  With all the changing weather, 70 one day & 25 the next combined with forced heat I'm feeling a WHOLE LOT like a LIZARD! 

I think any of the Gold Bond lotions are effective and all good.

Respected Contributor

I'll be following this because I, too, experience that same issue. I wear jeans daily with a high cotton content; I think the cotton saps up the lotions more than polyester would but I prefer not to wear polyester when possible. We've just started getting cold weather here and already the lack of humidity has taken its toll. My linen closet is FULL of different lotions I keep trying. Right now I'm using the Ultra Repair Cream from the First Aid Beauty TSV a few months ago. My dry winter skin seems to react well with it even though I need to use a bit more than the tee-tiny dollop they say you need; glad two big vats were included. I scrub my skin with a net scrubber and once a week a sugar scrub. As soon as I semi dry off after the shower, I'll use the cream; it seems to sink in to my skin better after this ritual. Anxious to hear what others recommend.

Honored Contributor

After the lotions or mixed in, I've had to use an oil to keep the flakes away. When I remove my black socks...looks like dandruff! Lol

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Cerave cream with ceramides in the round tub is my favorite for winter.  I started using it last winter and love it. It soaks in, isn't greasy, and my legs/arms have never been better.

I use Cerave lotion in the warm months.

@CalminHeart That is what my dermatologist recommends too.