Re: Received letter from IRS today

I got one also! 

Respected Contributor

I got the letter on 2/15/2021.

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

It was dated 03/01/2021 and stated our EIP2 payment would be direct deposited.  Um, okay.  Our EIP2 payment was already direct deposited on 01/04/2021...2+ months ago. 

We got one of those too.  I believe a fruit fly has more on the ball.  LOL!!!!  Our letter said the same kind of thing but it said we don't have to do anything.  I was worried about having to pay taxes on the first payment but I don't think anyone does.

Super Contributor

I recieved mine a few weeks ago, and it does state towards the bottom to use the information to determine whether you should claim a recovery rebate credit on your 2020 return.  I have included this and the previous letter with my tax paperwork for our accountant when they do our tax return in a couple of weeks.  I believe the letter is more for this use than to notify you of the money being issued.  

Honored Contributor

@IdahoGram wrote:

I recieved mine a few weeks ago, and it does state towards the bottom to use the information to determine whether you should claim a recovery rebate credit on your 2020 return.  I have included this and the previous letter with my tax paperwork for our accountant when they do our tax return in a couple of weeks.  I believe the letter is more for this use than to notify you of the money being issued.  

@IdahoGram  Is right. Some people didn't receive their check and need to claim it when they file their income tax. It has the info you will need to file.

Respected Contributor

We received the letter too.  Bulk mail!!

Respected Contributor

I got the first letter a couple months ago, but never the second. My sister has already gotten the 3rd stimulus money, but I have not.

Respected Contributor

@IdahoGram wrote:

I don't think you can claim this money on income tax.  You don't have to pay taxes on it either.  Just what I've heard.  Not trying to be smart.

Esteemed Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

@IdahoGram wrote:

I don't think you can claim this money on income tax.  You don't have to pay taxes on it either.  Just what I've heard.  Not trying to be smart.

A few people received the letter but no stimulus so t's telling them what they can do to receive it when they file their taxes.  My nephew did not receive the $600 so that's what he will be doing.

Honored Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

@IdahoGram wrote:

@77yangya  Yes you can. Ask your accountant.