Super Contributor

Re: 😷 Receivd my........😷

Got ours the other day. Made in USA, exp. 2/4/23.

Honored Contributor

It took over a month for ours to arrive as well. Typical timeline of events when allowing a government entity to handle something. Numbers in much of the nation have plummeted. They arrive just in time to not be needed. Where was all this a year ago. Hopefully they won't be needed, and this thing is leveling out to where it is just endemic and we can move on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered mine just in case.  I didn't order them because I plan on testing for the sake of testing.  I really have no reason to test if I don't have symptoms.  As it turns out, I needed one of my tests the day after I received them because I did get sick and I did test positive.  The other tests more than likely are going to go to waste as they expire in July.  

DH and I do have to test for travel in a couple of weeks however, we cannot use these tests.  We have to have a test done at a facility or I have to order the at home tests that are proctored, download the app and do the test in front of medical personnel. 

Some people did receive the BinaxNow home tests which has the extended expiration date.  I did not.  I have never heard of the brand I received. 

Mine were made in Korea. 

Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

How accurate is an Antigen test if you know you have been exposed to COVID but do not have any symptoms? 

I am vaccinated and boosted but was 6 months ago. I know I had a pretty good exposure.   My PCR test at CVS on day three was negative. 
I have developed no symptoms. 
The relative who had it (Omicron) was also vaccinated and spent the night. 
She was positive on PCR test at CVS and also antigen test. 

She was spending the weekend and developed a fever on the second day. 
It has been a week since my exposure. Laying low and masking when I go out. 

Thanks all!!

@wonderfulworld antigen tests aren't that accurate at all.  Various departments of health and doctors have said if you test positive with a home antigen test, you are definitely positive.  But these produce a lot of false negatives.

If it's been a week, you should be okay.  They are saying that with Omicron, you catch it must faster after exposure than with the other variants.  That is why the CDC has lowered the quarantine time to 5 days but if you've been vaccinated, you don't have to quarantine at all after exposure, unless you develope symptoms.

Trusted Contributor

We finally received ours too, it did seem like quite a wait for them. But I just hope and pray we will not need them but it does give me peace of mind just having them. With grand kids that come to visit, I am happy to have the tests on hand!

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

How accurate is an Antigen test if you know you have been exposed to COVID but do not have any symptoms? 

I am vaccinated and boosted but was 6 months ago. I know I had a pretty good exposure.   My PCR test at CVS on day three was negative. 

Thanks all!!

@wonderfulworld antigen tests aren't that accurate at all.  Various departments of health and doctors have said if you test positive with a home antigen test, you are definitely positive.  But these produce a lot of false negatives.

If it's been a week, you should be okay.  They are saying that with Omicron, you catch it must faster after exposure than with the other variants.  That is why the CDC has lowered the quarantine time to 5 days but if you've been vaccinated, you don't have to quarantine at all after exposure, unless you develope symptoms.

Reporting back. There were 5 of us...the double vaccinated 9 year old who got sick. She felt better in 3 days but tested positive on antigen tests for a week.

The rest of us (4) were double vaccinated and boosted. Grandfather tested positive on PCR and antigen tests on Monday. He has pretty mild (so far) symptoms...no fever but back ache, nasal congestion and and some coughing.

The rest of us have been testing negative on PCR and antigen. I had my third PCR test today since my husband tested positive on Monday.

Respected Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Thanks all!!

Reporting back. There were 5 of us...the double vaccinated 9 year old who got sick. She felt better in 3 days but tested positive on antigen tests for a week.

The rest of us (4) were double vaccinated and boosted. Grandfather tested positive on PCR and antigen tests on Monday. He has pretty mild (so far) symptoms...no fever but back ache, nasal congestion and and some coughing.

The rest of us have been testing negative on PCR and antigen. I had my third PCR test today since my husband tested positive on Monday.

My pcr was negative. So 2 out of 5 ended up getting what I assume is Omicron. 

Respected Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Thanks all!!

My pcr was negative. So 2 out of 5 ended up getting what I assume is Omicron. 

I ended up getting COVID. Fever, chills, headache, nasal congestion. Interesting,  I already was feeling sick and still was testing negative on PCR and home antigen tests. It was about a week between family cases. 
On day 3 of illness. Fever only lasted about 6 hours. Now coughing and fatigued but improving.