Honored Contributor

Re: Recall on Bauer's Candies Chocolate or Caramel Modjeskas Sold at QVC

@marlielou

yes this is the first thread......and now there are three threads regarding this issue.

again, it is also under the recall section of the homepage......as they usually do when there is a recall.

i have been involved in recalls from qvc before for different items and they are always quick and thorough about informing purchasers of the recall.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm glad to see this topic revived.   I thought it was surprising there was so little interest in this thread back in early December, but now that I think of it the holiday discussions were busy and also everyone was involved in so many things...  and it was easy to miss some topics.   Since it's an important issue, multiple threads will bring it to the attention of more people.  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I saw the recall info on my local news this morning.

I wonder how much candy was actually sold during that time period?

Honored Contributor

UPDATE: Bauer Candies released a statement on their website about the FDA alert released on December 6th, 2018:

"Upon notification of his illness, Bauer’s voluntarily closed the facility, discarded all candy in house, sanitized per protocol, and began working with Federal and State agencies. An investigation by our local health department and the FDA found that the risk of contamination to the candy made during this time is extremely low. These agencies have cleared us to continue operation. No candy products manufactured after November 25 are affected in any way."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Those who proclaim they

‘will never touch Romaine again!’

after the rare lettuce recall....

wonder if they’ll continue to eat candy?

🤔😆

Contributor

I saw this on our news.