Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rec's for air purifiers please

@butterfly123 wrote:

We need one for the living room and bedroom. Neither room is that large. Thanks for any suggestions.

@butterfly123,

The 'best room size air filters' I suggest, are two: the Oreck w/ a 6 month replacement inner filter, if wished, but can clean outer filter under warm running water (recently seen on QVC a few weeks ago); I bought 2.....,

and the HUNTER with replacement filters (HSN). I have 5 from several years ago. 2 are still new in the box with replacement filters.  I am this adamant in having filtration of home air.

I am never without some {type} of filtration in my home when ALLERGY seasons arrives- April to Sept. I use all year round.

The Oreck is about $150.00 but works as well as a huge filter, if using for one room, especially the bedroom while sleeping.

I am relatively somewhat sure that most are effective, but I have one for each room in the flowering pollen, grasses, tree pollen and mold are in the higher numbers. 

We also have a main filtration that is built into our furnace fan that we use, also. 

The portables can be moved easily room to room, especially the new QVC Oreck, that we bought.

Size is about 2 lbs or lighter, but does the work as an industrial huge one. 

You will notice the junk it gathers into the filter that normally you would be breathing. I can't say enough GOOD about these.  

If presented again/QVC, I will buy 2 more. Those sold out and I have no idea if coming back. But Check.

Take a look at your car after sitting out all night, the green floury pollen is something I do not want in my home with my allergic family. Cuts down on simple dust from carpets, bedding and pet dander, too.  

Oreck is, I believe, is 99.9% {close enough in remembering.

Hope this helps -even as an idea. 

NAES

Respected Contributor

I wanted to add that the Conway air purifier runs extremely quiet.  It's been running in my bedroom since the end of January of 2015 24/7 and works beautifully!  I have horrible sinus and allergy problems which made it so difficult to fall asleep.  the first night with this purifier was unbelieveable, it helped so much...lots less dust/pollen in room and now that it's warm, I have windows open all day & especially through the night.  

Thought I'd add this info now that ipad is working lots betterSmiley Happy I hope you get one that works well for your needs.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @AKgirl2 @NAES1 @ECBG @willdob3 @deedledeedeedle @catwhisperer @SeaMaiden @Gokat

I appreciate your suggestions🌷

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gee, @butterfly123 , while I stopped in to give @AKgirl2 the lowdown on the forum's woes the least I should have done is add in my recs for an air purifier as you asked! (20 demerits). Woman LOL

The one I currently use is a Honeywell that I purchased here on the Q in the early 2000's.  Does a  great job and still going strong.  I'm now in the market for another because of a change in floor plan.  Honeywell has another model, HFD 120Q that I'm looking at after some research.  This one is a tower, HEPA, rated for 170 sq. ft., and doesn't require replacement filters. (Yay!) ...around $120 including s&h.  Both HSN and Amazon carry it, and the reviews are nice and solid.  I'll be pulling the plug here shortly so thought I'd throw it in with the rest for your consideration.  Good luck with your search.  This one is priced right for me, and I know the Honeywell name stands up well in the air purifier arena. HTH'sWoman Happy   

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

very happy with our 2 Hunter permanent filter purifiers.

hnj

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I have 3 dogs and 4 birds and 2 air purifiers. I have an IQAIR HealthPro plus, which is awesome. The filters are very expensive but I get them from bestfilters.com and they do last a long time. In my bird room, I have an Austin Air Pet Machine which I will admit is also awesome. Both are expensive but well worth it because with my pets, I need heavy duty performers. What every you buy, do not get one that has an Ionizer. Those are not good especially for birds. I think they actually produce ozone but not sure since it has been a long time that I have investigated air purifiers. You will not be sorry with either the IQAir or the Austin. If I were to buy one for my bedroom, I think I would get another Austin Air. 

Respected Contributor

I meant to say what ever you buy, do not buy an air purifier with an ionizer. You can read about them.