Esteemed Contributor

I went to get Driver's Lic. picture taken. Coming home on our paved state road a big truck was in a ditch with wrecker there.. I was 1 and 1/2 mi. from home. Stopped and waited until a guy told me it would be a while.  There is a dirt road on the left, Smith Road, 1000 ft. beyond blockage and a dirt road behind me. Figured take road behind me keep going right and it had to meet the other end of Smith road. Now, I don't do dirt roads unless it's absolutely.  I want fastest route from Point A to Point B.

Went over freakin hill and dale, no Smith Road. Saw a sign for a Jones road and  kept driving. I finally found my home and was telling hubby.

His response, "Oh,  you should have turned on Jones Road, it's the same road. Smith Road on our side and Jones on the other end.  The stupid road ia a mile long.

Who thought that up. The Mr. Magoo office of roads.  I miss the city sometimes.

Respected Contributor

Re: Reason I don't work For AAA

You really get around on the QVC forum Retired Legal Secretary.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, it won't happen again.

Trusted Contributor

What does this have to do with working for aaa? I don't get the connection
Honored Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
What does this have to do with working for aaa? I don't get the connection

I have to agree, maybe she meant, she's glad she is not a tow truck driver, not everyone has AAA, but we do and they have come in handy over the years, wouldn't be without them!

Esteemed Contributor

Title vs Contents of OP's trip.....I think I got it.

AAA plots out member's trip plans to take the most time saving and cost efficient path to destination.

(title is fuzzy  when you don't know what you're going to read when you click on message)

There's a lot of fuzzy headliners on here and too many abbreviations too.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2

Post where ever you want about anything you want. I do.

I think the AAA reference is about not knowing your way around roads.  I have that same issue. So I feel for her.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Well, I'm glad you made it home safely with self, license, and car intact.  I'd probably have gotten entirely lost.  One of the many reasons I am an urban creature by choice.

There are roads like that in New England where the street has different names.  Plus, there is an island in southern Rhode Island which was notorius many years ago for the old time natives deliberately taking street signs down and not replacing them.  

They'd rather the island remain for locals only--tourists should just mail their dollars to the island rather than visit.  They joked about it all the time.  Even if you reside there you are considered a "carpetbagger" until you have lived there for a minimum of twenty-five years. I only lasted in the area for eleven years, give or take. 

Esteemed Contributor

That would be very frustrating, especially for such a short road.  I had to laugh at “Mr. Magoo office of roads” – ha. 

I live in the suburbs of a large metropolitan area and our road names can get wacky too.  The same road will start and stop all through the county, pieces of it all over – a block here and three blocks there. 

Honored Contributor

I feel your pain, the day we closed on this place we were riding around the area and had no idea to get from point a to point b our new home.  This was 14 years ago and we did not have a GPS, we often laugh about it when we ride past the sign we rode past 6 or 7 times the day I am talking about

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.