Super Contributor

Really weird mixed bag day

[ Edited ]

and it's only 3:30 pm.  My car insurance is, apparently, cast in bronze because I cannot change it.  I have been trying for weeks.  It's so bad that I am seriously considering selling the car and going with uber and old peoples transport.   Insurance co's web-site down.   Maybe I am getting paranoid, but I see a relationship between myh problem with them and the dead web-site.   Chat option showed up once, I used it and now it has vanished.  

The post office delivered someone else's package to me, again.  Second time in less than 2 weeks.  I cannot re-deliver it, so I have scheduled a pick-up.  Thier website went down, too.  Maybe it is me.

On the other hand, I just got a Fire Stick, plugged it in and it works.  All my music ftrom Amazon can be played right on my TV. Only downside is yet another remote.   The Fire Stick doesn't need line- of- sight for the remote.  I was afraid I would have to use Alexa, but the buttons work without her(?).  Strangeness:  When the device couldn't find the remote (and I had a little problem, myself) it made ringing sounds and switched to German, then Chinese.  Got that cleared up.

Can't wait until tomorrow!

(Didn't even mention the power failure at 10:30p.m. last night, in the middle of my watching Grandchester on PBS Passport.  I just read a little from my Kindle Paperwhite, which, amazingly , does not seem to need an internet connection to work. )

Regular Contributor

Re: Really weird mixed bag day

What is "old people's transport" ?

Super Contributor

@Natasha218:  county Office For Aging offers transportation for various things to various places.  They chaege $3 for each trip.  Round trip is $6.  It's funded by tax money.  Service is spotty.  Drivers, same.

Respected Contributor

I actually have an insurance agent that I can call anytime I need to make a change on my insurance or ask a question.  Their office is only a few miles away and I have both my auto and home insurance with them (Erie Insurance).  I've never purchased insurance through a website.  What is the insurance company name that you have?

Laura loves cats!
Super Contributor

The Hartford through AARP.  I don't recommend them.

Honored Contributor

@excpa. For what it's worth.....without going into all the details, I'm having the same kind of a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hoping tomorrow will be better.

Super Contributor

@Krimpette  I'd say I'm glad I'm not alone, but that would be mean.   I sort of hope that I get beamed up to the mothership, soon.

Honored Contributor

Cheer up tomorrow is National Chicken Finger Day.  Start planning where you want to put your drive in order at and forget all the insurance mumbo jumbo.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@beckyb1012 Thanks!  That's a new one.

By the way, I just got an apology from USPS and The Hartford.   I'm trying to resist Campari and soda, but I feel deserving.

Honored Contributor

@excpa wrote:

@beckyb1012 Thanks!  That's a new one.

By the way, I just got an apology from USPS and The Hartford.   I'm trying to resist Campari and soda, but I feel deserving.

With extra dipping sauce so deserved too @excpa

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."