Respected Contributor

Re: Really bad situation with USPS

I ordered all my Xmas presents for ourselves and others the day after Thanksgiving and the Monday after Thanksgiving, so many special deals, free shipping, etc.   All packages that were to come to my house have been delivered, expect one and all my out of town packages have been delivered, while I track them, the friends/family have already thanked me.  All of my packages were put right near my front door, safe out of the weather and prying eyes.  Some delivery people rang my doorbell, some did  not.  

Respected Contributor

And yet ... we got a package yesterday from my MIL -- mailed from Connecticut on 12/12, received in California on 12/15.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a package that is sitting somewhere in North Carolina. It was sent USPS Priority. At this rate, it will never get here on time. I realize there is a pandemic (how could we not hear it every 5 seconds!), but the USPS was grossly understaffed and underestimated the volume of packages being sent by those not leaving their house. Its a mess!

Honored Contributor

Per my missing sweater, I still have not received this. Ann Taylor sent me an email offering me (for my inconvenience) a gift certificate for under $10.00.  I don't really want anything from them at this point.  I will have to wait until after Christmas to contact them if I never receive the sweater.  They didn't say they would refund me.....just to contact them.   

Although the Post office said they found my package at a town about 10 miles away, I've heard nothing from them.  I'm not even sure they found the package. They did call me yesterday, saying they are still trying to find it and will call me once they do. When I told them about the message UPSP sent me about "finding" the package, they said they didn't know about that.  I give up.  I've told my sister (it's for her birthday present)  I don't celebrate Christmas.  We always buy each other sweaters because we are winter kids.  So if Ann Taylor does refund me, I'll just buy it elsewhere.  I'm not going to risk Ann Taylor sending me something again via USPS.

Honored Contributor

Shipping is a nightmare everywhere. My husband works for UPS and they have been operating at 'peak' levels most of the year since Covid hit, with people shopping so much more online. Then the holiday season hit, and it is just beyond what facilities, equipment and people they have to work with. 

My cousin sent me a gift for the holiday on Dec. 2nd. It's been locked in tracking since Dec. 6th. We don't care about the gift, but included were pictures of my dad (who passed away when I was 18) in his younger years. I have a lot of photos of my dad, but I hope this package is found and delivered at some time, because I would love to have these photos that I've never seen. 

My mom gets her medications through the US mail, and I'm worried that three prescriptions she has due to come this month are going to be delayed or lost. It will be a hassle to get those replaced, and they are critical, so I'm keeping a close eye on it, just hoping they make it through.

Esteemed Contributor

USPS delivered a package to us in the middle of the night!  That particular package has been wandering around lost somewhere the last 2 weeks, and I'd given up on receiving it.  But, there it was on my porch when I got up at 4:00 A.M. this morning.   It wasn't on the porch when I turned off the lights at bedtime last night.  

Kudos and much praise to USPS delivery people!!!   God bless them -- they're trying!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt