Honored Contributor

Really annoying phone calls from United health care

First THEY CALL ME then the first thing out of their mouth is that they want me to ID myself - good grief - you called me , at my home ,. on my number. If i say I am who i am - at my home on my number - that is it. Then they either want to sell you some deaL or they want to tell you that you have a Rx due to be filled. Today, they call me to tell me that if I get my annual wellness visit they will give me $15. I tell her I went to the doctor last week for my wellness visit and when I came home and tried to get the $15 gift card the website I have to use to do that is not working. She argues with me that it is working. WRONG. Then she says she will send me forms in the mail that the doctor can fill out instead.I ask her if UHC is going to pay for the office visit for me to get those forms filled out- she said well , of course not, we paid for the original visit. I told her she was very annoying and hung up.I had actually already decided to forget about the stupid $15 gift card but, geez louise, don't be calling me and expounding on it, wasting my time when it is virtually impossible for me to get the stupid thing.

Super Contributor

Re: Really annoying phone calls from United health care

That's a shame.

Honored Contributor

Can't you mail the form to the doctor to fill out or fax it to him?

Super Contributor

Don't pick up the phone every time it rings. I never do. If they need to speak to me, they'll leave a message and I can call them back.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure there is a fee for him to stop and fill out a form after all it does take up his time to do it. And i bet that fee is more than the $15 I will get because he does it. They are going to be billed for my annual wellness visit - isn't that proof he did it? Anyway, the point is the almost daily ridiculous calls to my home from them - as we go through our messages when we come home there is almost always one for one of us from UHC. Every day! If we decide to drop UHC and go with a different co next fall - those calls will be the reason why.And then they always start out the same - can you prove your ID - when they called me - not the other way around.

Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 Clover29 said:

Don't pick up the phone every time it rings. I never do. If they need to speak to me, they'll leave a message and I can call them back.

They just keep calling back if you don't talk to them.

Honored Contributor

This seems to be something new for UHC - we have had this medicare advantage plan for 4 years and this year is the first they have been like this - calling all the time.

Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 happy housewife said:

First THEY CALL ME then the first thing out of their mouth is that they want me to ID myself - good grief - you called me , at my home ,. on my number. If i say I am who i am - at my home on my number - that is it. Then they either want to sell you some deaL or they want to tell you that you have a Rx due to be filled. Today, they call me to tell me that if I get my annual wellness visit they will give me $15. I tell her I went to the doctor last week for my wellness visit and when I came home and tried to get the $15 gift card the website I have to use to do that is not working. She argues with me that it is working. WRONG. Then she says she will send me forms in the mail that the doctor can fill out instead.I ask her if UHC is going to pay for the office visit for me to get those forms filled out- she said well , of course not, we paid for the original visit. I told her she was very annoying and hung up.I had actually already decided to forget about the stupid $15 gift card but, geez louise, don't be calling me and expounding on it, wasting my time when it is virtually impossible for me to get the stupid thing.

Believe it or not some that answer phones at a residence are not always who they claim to be. I get the same questions and I view them as extra security for my accounts. While any account can be "hacked", I prefer dealing with those that take an extra step or 2 to possible make doing this "hacking" harder for those so inclined.

This reminds me of the post that said something about "irritated" about something I replied to yesterday and the day before. That one at least made sense to me but complaining that a company is calling you and wants some security information from you? Really.

My prescription plan also calls me when one is "in processed or being shipped" and I like them doing it. That way I can watch my account on a specific day and know the cost is covered.

Guess as "judgejudith" said in the other thread to me. "Men are from Venus and Woman are from Mars". Or something like that anyways. As of the male gender I don't get all this irritation business I read here at times.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

We just cancelled this insurance after having it just 8 months The insurance was befuttled by some eye appointments and an eye surgery I had. Every other month I would contact the insurance with the doctor's billing office person on the other line. It took a year before it was settled. Absolutely ridiculous...

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

annoying my ins. co. calls too

I just let it go to voice mail