Valued Contributor

Re: Really QVC Christmas Tree up on Oct. 3rd?

I was home today, so I happened to catch QVC earlier. The set did seem very confusing at what season they are trying to represent. It was obvious the background showed Spring flowers and alot of green foilage. A Christmas tree in the corner did make it look like Christmas and Easter lumped together. LOL! I have been wondering where the autumn window decor has been on QVC. HSN has had some really pretty Fall backgrounds for a couple of weeks now, but Q keeps showing Summer and going backwards with Spring today. I remember a few years ago when LR used to host PM Style, they used to have a stunningly beautiful Fall scene in the background. It made you want to shop and buy Fall clothing. However, what really made me laugh was what I saw later this afternoon. If anyone caught it it was when Jane T. was showing the tsv and, ready for this? The background showing snow-covered trees? LOL!
Respected Contributor

@Bri36 My point exactly. I LOVE fall!! I believe seeing fall decorations on the set would be beautiful. I can't imagine being a host & having to look at trees from Oct-Dec 26. BORING! 

I have also seen Christmas decor for sale for months already, but that's not the same as the set being decorated. Many people doing crafts are always needing supplies a season ahead. That's totally different. 

Honored Contributor

You speak like QVC is someone's home...lol   Qvc is retailer and now is the time when many of us buying gifts and things to decorate our homes for the holidays.  So, yeah, we need to see stuff now....lol   But that doesn't mean people who aren't interested have to watch.  You can opt out of things that don't interest you.  Most people do.  I haven't seen a cooking show in 10 years....lol 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have no problems with it.  They're a retailer and their job is to get all the Christmas stuff sold.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I noticed the decorated tree in the background and thought it was strange to have it up this early.  I remember the tree but do I remember the product they were selling?  Nope.  

Esteemed Contributor

The Christmas tree against the outside scenery...sort of what Christmas in the south looks like?

Not everyone has "seasons" they way they are usually thought of.

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

There are Christmas trees in some stores already. Evine had a holiday set and so does HSN. 

I am waiting with baited breath for the annual Hallmark Christmas movie trimester. 🙄

Trusted Contributor

The trees are up so all the customers will buy,money is the answer!

Respected Contributor

I am not a Christian, but please-with the shocks we have been through, I am not complaining about symbols of happiness...and for those of the Christian faith-particularly Catholics, their celebrations begin way before December 25th.

If you don't like it, don't watch....there are many other ways to shop....

Let's stop the "picking on" things...if deriving joy from a happy season of hope, who are we to deprive them?

Personally, so many of us are going through dark days-between Texas, Florida and Puerto Rico, many beloved holiday settings were lost...for those who are fortunate enough to let them recreate lost memorabilia, let them do that, please-without judgement.

....and let's not forget Californians who lost everything in fires....

I never liked combining any religion with sales, but I will say this year, Go QVC!  Many have lost so much, and if watching the Q and ordering from them makes you happy and restores what you lost....go for it.

Once again, for those who don't like it, change the channel...

For all of those of Faith,

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Didn't you know that the "C" in "QVC" stands for Christmas?????